1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey Ultra 120 Schematic Needed (not ultra plus 120)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by apehead, Mar 1, 2008.

1. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    Any one know where I can get a schematic for a Peavey Ultra 120 Amp?

2. greenboy

greenboy

Dec 18, 2000
    remote mountain cabin Montana
    greenboy designs: fEARful, bassic, dually, crazy88 etc
    Peavey?

Just a thought ; }

3. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    Yes, but you have to pay for 'em. I don't know if I want the amp, so I'm not really willing to pay... just hoping someone had one or knew where I could find them (for free)

4. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    What's wrong with it?

5. I think he is being like me and wants to see how it works before be buys it:)

I do it too and compare the designs to see who else has a comparable signal path. Then shop according to price.

Very lengthy process, but I have fun looking at and messing with "guts".

6. fdeck

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Me too. In this case, there is a block diagram at the Peavey website, showing a largely solid state amp with a handful of tube gain stages.

7. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    Really? Should be all tube, except for the silly built-in distortion effects. From what I can glean from other forums and websites, it's the successor to the butcher, peavey's answer to the JCM 800. I just wanted to see what I was getting into if I bought the thing.

8. Some boast tube gain this tube gain that... When you pick up a schematic and see that it has gone through 12 transistors and a processing chip, I don't care how many tubes are in it - It is still solid state in my mind.

Is that bad? No! Just make an informed buying decision based upon what the thing really does. Helps to alleviate frustration when buying stuff over net that you have never heard before.

9. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    I completely agree. That's why I wanted the schematic, to see if the signal is processed through any kind of silicon, and if it is, to see if there is a way to remove it from the circuit.

10. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    I hope it's generally the same as the butcher, because those things make a silverface twin reverb look like the space shuttle! There must be about 50 components in the whole thing!

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away."
    Antoine de Saint-Exupery

11. fdeck

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Looks like I was mistaken.

http://www.peavey.com/support\searchmanuals\list\ultra60120.cfm

12. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    Yeah, I found that earlier... why the hell can't they just print the bloody schematic?! Not like the good old days, I have some Bogen manuals that are right to the point, tell you everything you need to know.

13. fdeck

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    Back in the 80's, Peavey still sent out schemo's for free.

14. apehead

apehead

Aug 19, 2007
    Middletown, CT
    They have quite a few listed for free on their website, but if what what you want isn't on the website, you gotta pay, and wait for them to mail it to you.