1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey usa Cirrus 6,or Yamaha TRB-6P?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Cutty, Apr 21, 2010.

1. Cutty

Cutty

Jun 25, 2006
    U.K.
    Which one would you choose,and why?thanks.

2. TRB by a longshot. Cirrus basses are great but I really like the sound of the TRBs. They're very jazz like but with a fatter and more powerful tone overall. You really hear it in slapping too. I had a TRB-JP1 for a little while and if I felt that I could effectively use all 6 strings I would've kept it. In fact, whenever I go back to six strings I'll either be getting a TRB-JP1 or an STR. You can't go wrong with either but I dig the TRBs the most.

3. Love the Trp-6{im impartial to the jazz sound but ability to pull a nice slap sound of it too}. The necks are well made too.

4. MNAirHead

MNAirHead Supporting Member

As much as a 6 lover I am.. and peavey fan..

I can't stress enough how much more sense a 7 string (GT7) etc is to conceptualize.. enought strings to chord.. a full "next" octave etc.

I'd be considering a GT7.. from a guy who owns a Cirrus 6

5. And a TL6, and, and, and, ETC... What don't you have,Tim? lol

6. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    Yamaha TRB6P:

7. I'll throw in the first cirrus vote, because the cirrus 5 I played over the summer was the best playing bass I've ever played.

8. PeaveyCirrus4

PeaveyCirrus4

Dec 15, 2008
    WI
    I would choose the Peavey Cirrus 6 and the reason is well..... Because im bias lol. What sells me on any cirrus is how comfortable the neck is. On quite a few 6 strings the neck feels too thick like on the Warwicks and the TRB 6P but thats just my 2 cents

9. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    Whichever one I found a better deal on or liked the color or whatever. They're both fantastic basses. I'm not really that big on neck through though, I like my Axcelerator better than any Cirrus I've played.

10. Cirrus, the playability and and tone slays just about everything else out there.

lowsound

11. Cirrus, by far.

Great tone, amazing price (especially used), great quality.

12. Especially at the bargain prices that they are selling for now. The Bass Place recently had a new Cirrus 6 for $1039 with free shipping on eBay.

13. Dayum! I've had my eye on that peacock blue 6er. I should just see if they'd be willing to trade me my 5er for it.

14. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    I don't see how you could wrong with the Cirrus IMHO...

15. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Two entirely different animals. That being said, I'd probably go with the Cirrus because of the narrower string spacing.

16. Rev.Dr.

Rev.Dr.

Oct 4, 2007
    Metro Atlanta
    Another Cirrus vote here......

17. Gaetano Paul

Gaetano Paul

Nov 25, 2009
    Sarasota, FL
    Cirrus

18. johnboy65

johnboy65

May 22, 2009
    TRB for me...but I like the wide string spacing.

19. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    As a former TRB6 owner, I wonder how many who have posted here have played a TRB6? I would never knock a Cirrus 6, but a TRB6 really plays great and is super comfortable to play. I love that single coil tone too!:D:bassist::hyper:

20. I'd guess relatively few. Then again it's kind of a "TB thing" to blindly suggest your favorite... I know I'm guilty of it, just not in this case :p.