1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Peavey USA G-Bass 35" Scale 4-String - Carbon-Fiber / Graphite Neck!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by jtlee, Mar 11, 2020.

1. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    Price:
    Strings:
    Been a really long time since I listed a bass on TB! I just found one of my dream basses and need to thin out the herd.

PeaveyGbass (1).JPG PeaveyGbass (2).JPG PeaveyGbass (5).JPG PeaveyGbass (3).JPG PeaveyGbass (4).JPG PeaveyGbass (7).JPG PeaveyGbass (6).JPG PeaveyGbass (8).JPG PeaveyGbass (9).JPG PeaveyGbass (10).JPG PeaveyGbass (11).JPG

This Peavey USA G-Bass 4-String bass is Used and in Good Condition;
    there are some nicks and dings on the edges of the body and on the headstock, but all wear is cosmetic only. No cracks or major dents. The back of the neck is smooth, the fingerboard and frets are in excellent shape with just light string wear (no grooves/flat spots) and the bass was just setup with new stainless steel 45-105 strings and low action. A non-original gig bag will be included with the bass.

The Peavey G-Bass was made in the USA from 1992 - 2002. Known as the "budget Modulus Graphite", the carbon fiber neck was actually made by Bell & Carson (who specialize in graphite gunstocks). The neck features a wood core surrounded by woven graphite (similar to what Parker Guitars did with the Fly).

The most unique thing about this bass is the 35" scale; this makes using heavier strings and/or low tunings much easier (many G-Bass owners convert them to BEAD or even lower tunings). The ergonomically-shaped body with prominent long upper horn gives the bass excellent balance and the lightweight basswood body keeps the bass extremely comfortable during long sessions/gigs.
    • Body: Basswood
    • Neck: Carbon fiber composite (graphite), 35" Scale
    • Nut: Graphlon, 1.5" (38mm) width
    • Fingerboard: Pau Ferro
    • Frets: 21
    • Bridge: Gotoh, chrome
    • Tuners: Gotoh, chrome
    • Pickup: Passive MEC MM-style pickup with open pole pieces
    • Electronics: Peavey VFL humbucker with Cirrus 18V active preamp
    • Controls: Volume, Bass, Midrange, Treble
    • Finish: Red Sparkle
    • Origin: USA
    • Weight: 8 lbs, 6 oz.
    • Case: Non-original gig bag
    SELLING FOR $475 + shipping. International shipping is no problem, just PM for a shipping quote.

slone and mikewalker like this.
  2. TerenceE

TerenceE

Dec 6, 2015
    How does this sound compared to a USA millennium?

3. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    It definitely different. With the pickup position + the graphite neck, this bass has a very similar sound to my Stingray w/Status neck or some of the Modulus Flea basses I used to have. Brighter and a bit punchier than the Cirrus/Millennium basses I've played.

4. slone

slone Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2016
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Great basses, I absolutely love my G bass! These get a really huge P bass on steroids type tone which I fell in love with the first time I played it. Almost a Stingray meets P bass IMO. These necks are some of the fastest playing I have ever played as well.....Someone is going to get a phenomenal bass at a great price!

4StringTheorist, raal and jtlee like this.
  5. raal

raal Supporting Member

Feb 5, 2008
    Minneapolis / St Paul
    If only they made a single pickup 5 string version with 19 mm spacing ...

slone likes this.
  6. jtlee

jtlee Supporting Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Portland, Oregon
    I'm the other way; I would definitely buy a GV 5-string if it was a 34" scale!

7. JPaulGeddy

JPaulGeddy

Sep 19, 2007
    South Carolina
    Great deal on a very special bass. GLWTS.

jtlee likes this.
  8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 17, 2021