Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

SOLD Peavey USA Millennium 4 Standard CLOSEOUT!

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Vic, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vic

Vic There's more music in the nuance than the notes. Gold Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Staff, Bass Gear Magazine
    This is the USA MADE Millennium STD bass. Yes, made by the same guys that build the Cirrus basses. This thing plays and sounds GREAT, but I have another USA Millinnium that is enough for me, so this one goes.

I got this one on closeout at Musician's Friend. Some of you may have even seen the mega thread here at TB about these. Anyway, it IS all that, but I like my JB Plus better.

MSRP: 899
    MF Closeout: 279 (shipped)

All I want is my money back out, and I'd SPLIT shipping with someone in the lower 48, which means it'd probably still be under 300 SHIPPED for the next owner.

If it doesn't move here, it goes back to MF, but then I gotta' pay all shipping, and to be honest, this is a SMOKIN deal for what this bass is, so I'd rather pass it on here anyway.

This bass is in the sunburst one exactly like this one:
    [​IMG]

NEW condition, OHSC, case candy, tags, original cardboard box. I've MAYBE logged an hour on it, and all in my house.

Here's Peavey's ad copy...

2. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    I might be interested. I have one in black with a bad pickup that I need to send in for repair. I like the color of yours better. Do you still have the warranty card? I could probably use a copy of my sales receipt if I ever needed warranty work done.

I'm over one state in Iowa.

3. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Yep, totally untouched except for a lowering of the action and about an hour's play. I already have it back in the hard case and the Peavey shipping carton. It's literally exactly what you'd get in every way as if you'd ordered it yourself from MF. Even still has the plastic film on the pickups.

4. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    Between the extra shipping cost and losing my FatCash rebate, this would cost me about $50 more than keeping mine. I'll think it over.

Does anyone in your household smoke?

5. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Ok, well, like I said, especially to IA, and with me splitting the shipping, it should still end up under $300. I'm not going to leave it up here long, 'cause I want that money back off my credit card, so lemme know. For me, it's only really about a $10-15 benefit to sell here (1/2 shipping), so if it doesn't move here, no biggie to me, just tryin' to pass on a great deal.

Nope.

6. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    How much would it cost with insured shipping to zip code 52556?

7. eots

eots

Dec 18, 2004
    Morris, IL.
    Vic's a great guy to deal with and won't steer you wrong. If someone wants a millenium, he's trying to save you a $20 bill and this one is already setup..

8. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    From 61801, looks like about $17 via UPS ground. Say round it up to 295 and I'd eat paypal fees and shipping balance, or 285 if you pay via USPS money order, and I'll still eat the shipping diff... shipped to YOUR door. That's also assuming residential address. Might be a buck or two cheaper if business.

If you paypal'd me today, I could get it out tomorrow, they say 2 days to get there, you could have it by this weekend.

9. sync00

sync00

Nov 23, 2005
    I'll buy it. PM me with your PayPal info.

Peter

10. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Sweet. I really think you'll love it. If it weren't for the fact that I'm suddenly really tryin' hard to convert stuff to cash, I think I would keep it. I did finally decide the tone of the pickups was good enough to leave alone.

11. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    dang, i was just a little late on this one. first i saw all them Peavey's on sale at Musiciansfriend and then i was too late for the sale. then i saw that you lived in IL and i was like "!!!!!!!!"(i live near Chicago. oh well, my time will come :bassist: .

12. Vic

Oct 14, 2002
    Central Illinois
    Sorry, dude. However, the other guy will be returning a black one due to a pickup that's not working (which is why he got mine... plus I think he originally wanted the sunburst anyway), so maybe MF will have it fixed and put it up again! Just keep yer eyes open! :)

BTW, there's a black sparkle USA Millennium 5 MM/J up in this forum as well for 400 shipped with OHSC, and supposedly it's mint except for one small cosmetic issue. That is a SERIOUSLY good deal!!

13. g00eY

g00eY

Sep 17, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    yup, i'm keeping my eyes open. i expect to head to Guitar Center after this week(finals week @ school, doh!). i'm looking for a bass and combo/small cab and amp. right now i'm playing some old Epiphone P bass and a Squier Jazz, so it's time to upgrade.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.