SOLD Peavey USA Millennium Black n Maple w/tons of Birdseye (Price Drop)

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by xhawk5, May 6, 2017.

1. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, FL
    Price:
    $470
    Strings:
    Here's an almost MINT USA Peavey Millennium. Black with just a hint of metalfklake. Heavy birdseye maple neck with abalone dots. One ding in the tip of the headstock keeps it from being mint. No scratches, bumps or anything of that sort.

Great low action and that fantastic Millennium preamp. Comes just set-up with a New set of Lakland SS strings.

8lb 6oz.

Sell for $550 $470 in a Peavey Hardcase Con US only

Shipping costs will be the responsibility of the buyer, srry.

Inquiries in a Conversation only please.

IMG_3372.JPG IMG_3373.JPG IMG_3374.JPG IMG_3375.JPG IMG_3376.JPG IMG_3377.JPG IMG_3378.JPG IMG_3379.JPG IMG_3371.JPG Ding.jpg

Last edited: Jun 2, 2017
    Monster Truck likes this.
  2. TimBosby

TimBosby Gold Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Wow what a deal!

xhawk5 likes this.
  3. WOW... If this was a 5, it would be mine!

xhawk5 likes this.
  4. Yep, I'll throw out the second 'if that was a five it would be mine!' That neck is killer!

xhawk5 likes this.
  5. Scottpro1969

Scottpro1969

Oct 10, 2005
    Townsend, MA
    Wow, awesome. If my Hofner sells on here and this bass is still available, I'll take it. Damn.

xhawk5 likes this.
  6. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, FL
    Yea, she's a beauty. I thought it would certainly be sold quicker than a week. Ah, it's only been a few days. Still available and a smoking player with newly installed Lakland SS strings.

7. The figure on that neck is gorgeous! And, what a deal! Someone should definitely snag this soon. I'm surprised it's still here with all the Peaveyphiles on here.

xhawk5 likes this.
  8. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, FL
    Reverb...

9. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    Man, that is a wicked-looking bass...unabashed USA Peavey fan here, I currently own a Cirrus 6, a T-40, and a TL-Five.

Even though I am more of a five-string guy these days, I think I would be tempted to snag this one if not for the fact that (A) I just bought a NUB a couple of weeks ago, (2) I have other upcoming expenses that are taking priority for now, and (C) the seller apparently only ships CONUS. :(

OP, this is a "regular" Millennium, right? Would you happen to know the difference(s) between these and the Millennium Plus models? Thanks in advance...:thumbsup:

10. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, FL
    USA Millennium "Plus" has Trans body finish with a Flamed maple veneer and a drop-D tuner. Standards have a solid finish and regular tuners.
    Look at my Avatar, that's a "Plus" with the Flamed top.

HubbardsFate likes this.
  11. Loudart

Loudart

May 30, 2014
    Maury City Ghost Town Tennessee
    www.MetalRecordingServices.com
    Help me out here. Im looking for the USA desinator on the pictures of the front and back of the headstock. Where does it say its a US peavey I'm missing it.

12. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    1. The Millenniums have only been recently reintroduced as an import line, and those are NOT being made with birdseye maple necks/boards. You can go to the Sweetwater website and peruse the Peavey selection for confirmation.

2. You can probably contact Peavey with the serial number of this bass - which, if I am reading correctly (rear of headstock) is 11124732 - and they should be able to confirm that it is a USA model.

3. Seller has 136 positive-rated transactions on this site; I doubt he is trying to pass off an import as a USA model. :cool: :bassist:

xhawk5 likes this.
  13. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    4. The imports come only with either a two single-coil or two-humbucker pickup configuration, as opposed to this Millennium which has the humbucker-single-coil setup.

xhawk5 likes this.
  14. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    I've owned a number of 4 and 5 string Peavey Millennium Pluses. This particular one strikes me as odd because it is obviously not a Plus (no D-tuner, no flame top etc), but, that being said, it has a more heavily-figured birdseye maple fingerboard than any Plus I've ever seen (and the non Pluses are typically plain maple.)

In any case, amazing deal and I wish I could justify it.

15. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    That's why, in an earlier post, I asked the OP to list the differences between this one and a Plus model, as I was confused too! I thought only the Pluses came with birdseye necks/boards...maybe it should be considered a "Millennium Plus Lite"? :bassist:

Last edited: May 27, 2017
  16. TimBosby

Dec 19, 2004
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Yeah. I would say with near-certainty that this is a Millennium Standard that has the added random and serendipitous bonus of insanely beautiful birdseye maple figuring. I am having another custom built otherwise I would grab this. I have a Millennium 5 Plus that has awesome birdseye figuring but it's not even close to this one.

HubbardsFate likes this.
  17. HubbardsFate

HubbardsFate

Oct 18, 2006
    If I only add one more to my modest collection of USA Peaveys, I'm hoping it's a Millennium or Millennium Plus. I have heard nothing but good things about these basses, and I already know from experience that USA Peavey necks feel like they are made for me personally.

I'd also like to grab a Peavey Axcelerator/Axcelerator Plus, and maybe a Foundation eventually...

(Now back to your regularly scheduled "for sale" thread...) :unsure:

18. Loudart

Loudart

May 30, 2014
    Maury City Ghost Town Tennessee
    www.MetalRecordingServices.com

19. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, FL
    Exactly Tim, thank you.

US Peavey Millenniums have no "USA" stamped on the headstock. This is my 15th Milly, I would know.
    This bass is exactly as proclaimed. A USA Peavey Millennium, circa 2000, standard model with amazing birdseye neck and famous Millennium preamp.
    It's just a lucky ol' standard alder body that got coupled with an amazing neck. Nuff said.

20. xhawk5

xhawk5 Supporting Member

Sep 17, 2007
    Palm Coast, FL
    Price Drop to $470 plus shipping. Take the deal!!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022