1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavey VB-2 footswitch questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by pocketgroove, Jul 31, 2012.

1. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Jun 28, 2010
    Detroit
    I was wondering if anyone here with a VB-2 has and uses the footswitch for it. The only available one is only for switching between channels.

Since it is a momentary switch, does it actually switch between channels, or will it only keep the second channel activated as long as you're holding the button down?

Also, I would like to have a footswitch for it that switches channels, but also has a mute and bright switch, and a mid-shift switch. Does any such thing exist? Or, would it be possible to have one made?

Thanks for any help.

2. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    The switch turns on the OD channel and holds it there as long as you keep your foot on it.
    The older three way switches do not work on the VB-2

3. BassmanPaul

BassmanPaul Gold Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2007
    Toronto Ontario Canada
    A foot switch can only control functions built into the amplifier that are intended for it.

4. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    The VB-2 footswitch does not have to be momentary. You can use an on/off type.

Sorry, but no.

5. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.

The one that the owners manual says to use p/n 03050680 is a momentary type. I have one. I tried a on/off one from my SWR amp and a two button switch from a old Mk III and they didn't work

Do you have a part number for a on/off switch?

6. BbbyBld

BbbyBld

Oct 13, 2005
    Meridian, MS
    The on/off is 03051000. The housing is the same as the one you have. If you want to change to on/off, you can order the switch only: 00050710. Send me a PM if you want more info.

This was my mistake. When I was writing the manual, I called our accessory dept. and asked for the single button footswitch part number and was given the one above. I wasn't aware at the time that we had a momentary type. The manual was revised recently to correct this. It was never my intention for a momentary type to be used, but some users may prefer it.

7. pocketgroove

pocketgroove

Jun 28, 2010
    Detroit
    Thanks for all the help so far, everyone. I'm a bit disappointed to find out that I can't get a footswitch with full functionality for my VB-2. However, it is nice to know that I can get a channel switch that isn't momentary, and I'll have to look into picking one up.