Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey vs. Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Mortibass, Apr 1, 2004.

1. Mortibass

Mortibass

Feb 13, 2004
    If you have to choose between a

Peavey T-max (500 watt) with Peavey 4*10+horn and Peavey 1*15 (+/- 6 years old)

and a

Hartke 3500 (350watt) with Hughes&Kettner 4*10+horn and Hughes&Kettner 1*15+horn (+/- 2years old)

what would it be? :help:

2. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Hartke. And it's just because hughes&kettner cabs ;)

3. HAWKINS

HAWKINS

Nov 10, 2003
    South Carolina
    I went through that with the peavey vs hartke combo......played through each side by side and like the hartke better......i know these are different animals, but if you are able to compare them directly your personal preference is usually obvious....

4. Depends on how much power you need really. If you can, try them both out. I'd naturally go for the Peavey for the power, the Max heads are in a whole different league compared to the old 80s and 90s toneless heads, but if the Hartke sounds better (and those Hughes&Kettner cabs will sound good), get it.

5. Not a big fan of the 3500. Played thru one a few times thru diff cabs, and have yet to get a useable tone outta it w/o the SansAmp helpin it out...

So I'd go Peavey. Too bad you can't get the Peavey with the H&K cabs....

sigh.
    Ron

6. Mortibass

Mortibass

Feb 13, 2004
    I know the H&K cabinets are those who supposed to be used with the Bassforce(BR)! NOT those of the bassbase(BC)
    Still going for the H&K cabinets?

7. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    That would be a hard decision.

For the power, the Peavey
    For the tone, the Hartke IMO