Peavey vs. Hartke

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman_edge, Mar 24, 2001.

1. I was convinced that this summer I was going to get a Peavey 4x10 with a Peavey 1x15, but the other night this guy let me play his bass at his gig. It was a Carvin LB70 (very nice) through a Hartke system (same configuration as the Peavey one I was thinking about). Damn, that was some of the best sounding bass I've ever heard. However, I heard Hartke was unreliable. Any comments? Also, how are Carvin amps? Anyone have the 8x10?
  2. cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Hartke's sound great but they are notorious for blowing speakers. I saw more Hartke cabs come back with blown speakers than any other brand cabinet sold when I worked at a music store.

I cant make a fair comment on Carvin heads as Ive not played through one, but Ive heard they sound very good. I dont have the 8x10's either only the RL4x10 and I think its the best sounding cab Ive ever owned. So Id imagine that the 8x10's sound great as well. I'll let ya know when I order mine, Im only $300 away from it :)
  3. AssMan

Dec 2, 2000
    Minnesota, USA
    Go read this . It'll tell you about carvin amps. Best amp for the $$ but not the best amp ever. I still think it's a great amp though and I love it regardless. Oh yeah, The new 8x10 looks sweet. I'd get but I'd have to a get a truck to move it, and it costs money.
  4. Flea24

Apr 7, 2000
    i heard that the hartke cabs were bad because of the speakers but i have a hartke 7000 head through a swr 4x10workingmans and it works nice
  5. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I have a Hartke 4/10 cabinet that I have gigged with for several years and have never had any problems with it.