Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey Whatcha-call-it Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by flaghard, Dec 6, 2004.

1. flaghard

flaghard

Oct 17, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    my friend gave me his dads old peavey bass. i dont know what its called, ive seen its picture surface a couple of times in some threads so hopefully a couple of people know which one im talking about, it has that really awkward angled pickup, but has a p-bass style body...anyways, it doesnt sound that bad for a *vintage* bass but it could be much better, the neck is outstanding so i want to keep that, but aside from the neck, does any one have an experience with modifying this bass, or know of anything to make it better?

thanks

flaghard

2. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    I think you might have described a Peavey Fury. Posting a picture would help.

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Does it look like this? If so, that is a T-20.

[​IMG]

4. flaghard

flaghard

Oct 17, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada
    that pic it the bass im talking about, anyone have any experience with it?

5. My first bass ever was a PV T-40. It had a beautiful natural finish on a swamp ash body. It was built like a tank. Weighed about the same, too. Very solid first bass. I wish I still had it. Anyway, I believe the T-40 is very similar to the T-20 in appearance and feel, but has two humbucking pups.

But I probably haven't answered your question. I'll go away now.

6. flaghard

flaghard

Oct 17, 2004
    Ottawa, Canada