1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavey with Super Ferrite questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by DavidEdenAria, Jul 10, 2014.

1. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Do these strong magnet pickups need different pickup heights than weaker pickups (as in lower) and are they more prone to like certain types of strings?

Maybe this is in the wrong forum but it seems like I need the pickups on my 85 Foundation to be lowered quite a lot to get a good balance.

Is there a difference in string pull on 1 pickup vs. 2 pickup Super Ferrite equipped Peavey Basses?

2. tgriley62

tgriley62

Jan 25, 2011
    S.E. Mo
    I have a '89 foundation & I have both pickups raised a little higher on the D & G strings. It seem to help the thinner strings sound a little louder

3. DavidEdenAria

DavidEdenAria

Dec 13, 2013
    On a Hill
    Yep....I raise the D & G side as well.

However, overall height is what I want to hear from other Super Ferrite owners.

Measure at the top of the string I am at;

Neck pickup is 4/16 on the G and 5/16 on the E.

Bridge pickup is 3/16 on the G and slightly less than 3/16 on the E.

4. dedpool1052

dedpool1052

Jan 10, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    i got rid of my foundation back in december, but while i had it, i felt it sounded bet with the pickups quite close to the strings. i can't give any specific measurements. i'd say just set them to where it sounds best to you.