Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by rancid31, Feb 3, 2002.

1. rancid31

Feb 1, 2002
    I have about $500-$600 dollars to spend, and i went over to American music the other day, and they had a new Peavey combo 115 for $525. I like it, but i have heard some bad stuff obout Peavey. What do you people think about the 115 combos, and peavey products?
  2. cronus

cronus Guest

Jan 17, 2002
    Romulus, Michigan
    i think peavey make excellent bass amps
  3. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    In that price range, Peavey is as good as any. Try everything you can find for what you want to spend. Let your ears be the judge. Peavy is very reliable, and damn near bullet proof.

4. I have a combo 115, and it has been pretty good to me. Just make sure you wont have any trouble moving it, as it is very heavy. My speaker went to crap, but it was under warranty so I got it fixed for free!

5. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA
    For the price, quality, sound and durability, you can not beat Peavey`s Amps.

The Combo 115 is an excellent choice.
  6. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    Great stuff!, Great price!, Lats forever!
    I'm gonna check out the new PB500 head that came out at NAMM when it hits the stores:)
  7. I play out with a TNT 115 Combo and haven't had any problems at all. Except for the hernia from lifting the damn thing. Good sound, built-in graphic and chorus, very reliable.
  8. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    The Combo 115 is a good amp. You shouldn't have any trouble with it.
  9. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    I have no regrets over buying a Combo 115. I love it, great amp!
  10. CrawlingEye

CrawlingEye Member

Mar 20, 2001
    Easton, Pennsylvania
    They're one of my favorite combos. Very flexible. I had a 210TX combo before, which had pretty much the same preamp as the Combo 115, except it had 2x10"'s in it, not 1x15". You should be fine though. If I recall correctly, the Combo 115 uses BW speakers, which get a GREAT amount of mids. The porting of the combo is set to get a great bass response, as well. After getting it, you should be able to add a 2x10" to it, which is common. It's a great move, as well.

I believe they come with casters, now?

I've always been fond of Peavey, though. I haven't found any amp that I like better, in any price range. Granted, I've never been keen on combos, but I'm currently trying to get a BAM head and Pro 4x10 in the works. :)
  11. Pea-NUT

Jul 1, 2001
    Jerseyville, IL
    I bought a TNT 115, nothin bad sound wise. But weight. Just as the other have said, its heavy, 125lbs for mine i think. Get some good casters.