Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by coarp, Mar 28, 2002.

1. coarp

Mar 2, 2002
    i say peavey basses are the best. peavey basses have really good necks. mine is narrow and easy to get my hands around. i have played a lot of basses and i prefer the peavey necks. who else agrees with me or disagrees with me. peavey is the ultimate jazz bass. yes, fender is good but peavey is better.
  2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Umm, well, yeah, I guess.:confused:

While I really do like my Peavey Cirrus 5, I wouldn't even think of going so far as saying that it is the best bass made.

Besides, everyone knows that Modulus is the best.;) (J/K)

Oh well, glad you like it.
  3. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    you tell 'em ryan. modulus!!!
  4. BassPlayer101

Jul 27, 2001
    As Dr. Evil would say Right...

NOTE Dr. Evil is in Austin Powers
  5. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Yeah, compared to Peavey, Modulus basses are great... if you have another $1000 lying around.

Don't tell me this is gonna become one of those "_____ sucks" threads...:rolleyes:
  6. ChenNuts44

Nov 18, 2001
    Davenport, IA
    i doubt it will big wheel. i think we were all having a little bit of fun with the post. i think it was deserved judging by the way it was worded. peace
  7. Hogwash.

Obviously, Wal makes the best basses in the universe.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Best Peavey bass ever made: T-40.
  9. ldiezman

Jul 11, 2001
    You guys wouldn't know a good bass if it came up and bit you in the buttocks....:eek: :confused:

Besides... Everyone knows that no bass is held with higher regard than Rogue basses.. The other Day i saw a rogue in a pawn shop and i was This i mean This close to trading my Ray 5 for it. Rogue bass and a rogue amps are great.. The Rogue p-bass is sooo great.. No better bass i tell you. Forget spending more than $300 on a bass. just get you a rogue. I stand by these bad boys..;) :) :D
  10. Nobody makes a better Peavey than Peavey!
  11. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

Those and '70s Fenders are great for weight training.
  12. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    This is like saying Ford makes the best cars, ignoring Mercedes or BMW or even Honda and Toyota. Peavey, in its class, is currently making some great stuff, but a Fodera or MTD American they are not.
  13. dgce

Jun 17, 2001
    Massachusetts, USA
    Wow, now there's a work horse of a bass! Spill beer on it, it keeps going. Throw it out of an airplane, it keeps going! Drunken ass gets out of line at a gig, cold-cock him with it, and HE will not keep going!

the hitch? Gezzoman, that puppy is HEAVY!!! Even the guitar version weighs a ton!