Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Facehouse, Nov 19, 2002.

1. Facehouse

May 27, 2002
    i recently came across what looks to me like a good deal and i just need some reasuring befor i go out and spend money.
    the product is a Peavey TNT 115 black widdow equiped combo amp.. the guy wants 300 dollars for it and he got it brand new 2 months ago.
    if you ever used one of these please respond.
  2. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas
    Great amp. I like 'em. My only suggestion would be to add a 2x10 when you can. Go for it...
  3. If it is like new, I think is a fair offer. Try ir out if you can before buying it.
  4. I have played one of those amps for about 5 years. They are good little work horses-although watch that you don't drive it to hard because you can blow the speakers. I am on my third speaker. Also if you plug in another 4 ohm cab it goes up to 300 watts.
  5. If you blow the speaker, try a 400 watt EV bass speaker. My dads band did that and it sounded better and hasn't blown yet!!
  6. pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    If the factory warrantee is transferable, that's a super deal. Not likely you'll ever need it. A peavey combo is the toughest animal in the world.

I may as well go ahead and say it; Them suckers are heavy.

What is normal retail price of that amp?
  7. Stu L.

Stu L. Supporting Member

Nov 27, 2001
    Corsicana, Texas

$420.00 Roughly
  8. Funkster

Apr 6, 2000
    Wormtown, MA
    pkr2 Said it all, I had a old TNT100 from the 70's and I had it for 15 years and the guy I sold it to still uses it for his country band.
    Great amp, Good deal!