Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavey

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by FigV, Oct 13, 2000.

1. FigV

FigV Guest

Sep 21, 2000
    Ct
    What is your opinion on the different Peavey basses? And is there somewhere online where I can see the prices?

2. MarkM

MarkM

Feb 25, 2000
    Personally I like the Peavey basses, all of them.

The Cirrus lines are the best if you want a good neck thru. It is a nice looking bass and has a great feel. There has been some discussion about the sound, but I had no complaints about the ones that I played.

They have a couple of upper lines that are bolt-ons and have a good feel.

The lower, entry level, basses are a good choice for beginners.

I have no complaints about any Peavey basses that I have played. I am lucky to have a Peavey dealer in my area. I am still looking on the right 'new' bass for me since I waited too long on a Cirrus and it sold out from under me.

As far as prices, they only sell thru authorized dealers. They are very picky about their dealers, so not every place will have a dealer. Their website doesn't have prices, but you can inquire about pricing for the 'retail' prices.

Also their website is a great source of info, you might try and post this question there and you should get a more level batch of answers, since you are asking mainly Peavey players.

3. Cirrus

Cirrus Guest

Apr 30, 2000
    Las Vegas, NV
    I like Peavey basses. I own 2 Cirrus basses myself. The thing I like most about them is the neck. They have a really narrow neck, while it seems like on most modern basses the neck tends to be pretty round. For me, as far as feel and balance go, they are my favorite basses. As far as tone is concerned, I think my basses sound great, but I know there have been some complaints about the cheaper models. As always, your best bet is to go to a good music shop and compare them to other possibilities.

Peter

4. chance6245

chance6245

Sep 25, 2000
    FigV, across the board Peavey has raised the bar on the QA of their basses. I think they have taken things they learned when they designed the Cirrus and have applied it to the new Millennium, G-Bass, Foundation 2000, Fury and Milestone.

YOu can see pictures at http://www.peavey.com.

Hope this helps.

CHANCE

5. I played a fretless Foundation the other day and I was impressed by it. It was a very nice bass. Played well, sounded good, looked great, and cheap.

If it weren't for an immaculate fretless MM Sterling that I played, I'd be set on it.