PeaveyT-40 Resurrection Wiring Help!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Red Corvette, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Red Corvette

Red Corvette

Apr 28, 2018
    I’m bringing back to life a T-40 and need help with the wiring. It came too me with Jazz pickups half assed wired not to the original pots. I have purchased a setup of original pots and phase and pickup selector. Not wanting to put out $150-$200 each for used pickups if you can find them I picked up a set of Kmise M10161 soapbar’s.
    These pickups out of the package have green and bare twisted together, red and white twisted together and a single black. I assume this is if you’re using them as single coils?
    In order to uses these in the same humbucker manner as the originals does anyone have any idea which wire would go where.
    On the pots there is a cut red wire on the Bridge tone, a cut white wire on the phase switch, a red cut wire on the neck tone and a cut white wire on the neck volume. Black on the phase and red on the selector switch I assume go to the output jack.

Any help is appreciated.

upload_2018-7-30_17-24-23.png

2. Giffro

Giffro

Apr 29, 2017
    South Australia
    You should find all the help you need including diagrams etc. from the guys in the T-40 club...link below. Good luck. That red wire cut is probably a mod done to make the pups humbuckers only. The club will tell you.
    Peavey T-40 Club Part 2

3. Red Corvette

Red Corvette

Apr 28, 2018
    Is that a forum you can post on?

4. lug

lug Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2005
    League City, Tx
    Yes, it's just another thread on the forum.

Giffro likes this.
  5. Red Corvette

Red Corvette

Apr 28, 2018
    I must be missing something I'm not seeing a way to post to it?

6. Red Corvette

Red Corvette

Apr 28, 2018
    Do you just add to the last page?

bholder likes this.
  7. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    Yes, just use "Post Reply" from any page of the thread and it gets added to the end. Good luck, they'll get you straightened out I'm sure. :)

8. B-Mac

B-Mac Just like Aretha Sang... R-E-S-P-E-C-T Supporting Member

T-40_zpsf56b762b.gif

bholder likes this.
  9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 24, 2021