1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavy 700 tour series/Randall RB410XLT Opinions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by benchbass, Mar 25, 2013.

1. benchbass

benchbass

Mar 17, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    Hey everyone, earlier this week I was trying out a peavy 700 tour series amp with a Randall RB410XLT cab. They were used and there were a few nicks, but the seller ensured me that everything inside worked fine with no problems.

When I turned up the volume to about half capacity however, the amp quit working and I assumed the fuse blew on it or something similar. The seller insisted it was because he has used the wrong cable and that he would get the rig looked over by his amp tech and I could try it again this week.

I read a few reviews online ( amid numerous 5 star reviews) saying that the amp cut out at louder volumes and was unreliable. I am a little worried that the seller was just trying to bum the amp off on to me.

I am far from knowledgable when it comes to amps, and I was wondering what you guys thought about my situation.

Thanks for any help.

Ethan

2. El-Bob

El-Bob Supporting Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Hamilton, ON
    The cable thing makes no sense... there's problems with using instrument cables instead of speaker cables, but that's not one of them. I would pass on this if I were you.

3. benchbass

benchbass

Mar 17, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    I think he did use an instrument cable instead, what problems "should" happen? haha

4. benchbass

benchbass

Mar 17, 2010
    Calgary Alberta
    I'm sort of tempted to take it because he's only asking 400 for the rig. Plus it sounded awesome while it lasted.

5. Jaco who?

Jaco who?

May 20, 2008