Peavy basses

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Davidoc, Mar 26, 2002.

1. Can anyone explain the differences to me between the Cirrus and the Millenium?

I've heard lots of good things about the cirrus here, but not much about the millenium.

The thing is, the Millenium has a 5 string model, but I don't know if that's enough reason to get it.

Can anyone explain the practical differences between the two?
  2. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    The Cirrus is a neck thru, available in 4, 5, and 6 string versions. It has an 18 volt active 3 band preamp and active VFL pickups. It is available in several wood combinations, each with their own distinctive tonal characteristics. Fully adjustable ABM bridge. Includes straplocks and hardcase.

The Millenium/Millenium Plus basses are bolt-ons, and available in 4 and 5 string versions. They feature J and MM Active pickups, and active electronics s/sweepable mid control. The 4 string Plus model comes factory with a Hipshot D tuner. They also have a Hipshot Bridge with either string thru body or top load stringing. Also include straplocks and hardcase (again, the Plus series).

Any other questions feel free to ask.
  3. thanks for the information.

Can anyone tell me why they discontinued the 5 string Cirrus? I want a 5 string, and I want a Cirrus, but they don't make the 5 anymore.
  4. Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    They didn't discontinue the 5 string cirrus.
  5. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    They are still making them. Peavey has been redoing their website, and for some reason, STILL have not gotten around to getting all the Cirrus basses listed.
  6. Darrelpr

Feb 2, 2002
    Texas, USA
    FYI... looks like they finally got them up there now.
    Peavey Cirrus basses

7. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Not yet. They are still missing some wood combination for some of the Cirri (sp?). They've still got some work to do and they still haven't gotten the Millennium options together yet either.
  8. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    I think the Cirrus will be more versitile, but lack the extremes on the high and low end. The Millenium will possess the fat lows and sharp highs. I remember that I was more impressed by the mids on the Cirrus when compared with the Millenium. I own a Cirrus and have played Milleniums in the store. Both are great basses, but buy to taste. By the way, I can get all kinds of sounds on mine, and most impressive is the sustain, especially higher up on the neck.