Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavy cirrus 5 or schector diamond series stilletto

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by macool, Nov 3, 2001.

1. well guys, time for a new bass. i was at the local music store and was playing bass. the moment i picked up the peavy i fell in love. the problem is it carries a heafty price tag. then i was at another music store and picked up the schector. now this bass was great as well and cost considerably less. the only thing was that the strings were a tad close together and the b was a bit more floppy than i like. do you guys think i should settle for the schector or would it be best just to pay the extra penny or two for the cirrus?

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    No brainer! Get the Cirrus!

3. phogchris

phogchris www.scarsoflife.com

May 27, 2000
    Boca Raton, FL
    Well, gee, how convenient, i am selling my Cirrus 5 for the LOW LOW price of $750!!! Check it out in the for sale section....

4. drade

drade

Sep 24, 2001
    my cirrus is the best bass i've had (including the fender precision...), i really don't know about the other one though.

5. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Get the Cirrus.

I like my Cirrus as much as my Zon, and more than my Pedulla.

6. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Let's see, the Cirrus or the what???

(get my drift?):D

7. if you have to think about that for more than on tenth of a millisecond then you need to seek help. j/k. but seriously get the cirrus you won't regret it.