Peavy Fury 6 - Any good?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Phalanx, Nov 1, 2005.

1. Phalanx

Apr 4, 2005
    I've noticed that are selling a Peavey Fury 6 string for £299. Im still in search for a six string fretless and im thinking along the lines of importing a Brice HXB fretless 6 string but if I can get a higher quality bass from home then i'd be more happy for around the £300 price range.
    Anyway, the Peavey Fury 6 seems like a dream for the price, 3 Band EQ with a nice finish with the only problem (for me anyway) being the lack of 24 frets.
    But why is it so cheap, i've never seen a bass with 3 Band EQ go for that price so is there something horrible about it? I was wondering if defretting it would be good

2. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    I have one. If it is cheap, I believe it is because that particular model was discontinued. I'm pretty happy with my Fury VI, though I've thought on and off about selling it for a while, just to clean out the stable. Strings make a big difference on this bass. The electronics are pretty usable, about as good as you would expect from a bass in that price range.

If you can get over the tight string spacing, you'll like this bass. It's pretty narrow both at the nut and the bridge.
  3. Wow that price seems really low! Anyways, I've spent a lot of time on a Fury 6 and it is a very solid bass, especially for the money. It has a lot of nice features and a really nice neck too. It would be a great 6 string to start out on.

This is the bass I played: