Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavy Grind 6 NTB Questions

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by stubbs, Jul 9, 2004.

1. stubbs

stubbs

Jun 30, 2004
    Hi all, newbie to this board :) Well I'm in the market for a 6 string bass under 600 dollars, and my main two choices are a Cort Curbow 6 string, or a Peavey Grind 6 NTB. From the reviews I've read, the Peavey seems to do quite well in all areas except build quality. Some thought the vietnamese builders didn't have templates. However, some of these reviews were over a year old. Has the quality since gone up? Can anyone comment on the Grinds quality? Would you reccomend this bass? I have played a Curbow 4, and the overall feel and sound was quite impressive, but through musicians friend I can only get finishes that I don't prefer, but would be willing to accept if the Peavey Grind is not a quality built bass, even if it looks great (I'm a large fan of natural finishes). Thanks for any help or comments.

2. funkcicle

funkcicle

Jan 9, 2004
    Asheville, NC
    bump.

I'm also interested in this info, didn't find much new in the archives. Anybody who owns one, who's bought one in the last few months?

3. I played one and personally loved it. The action was real low and it played beautifully.