Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavy grind bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by pumo420, Jun 13, 2002.

1. pumo420

pumo420

Nov 2, 2001
    illinois
    hey today i went and played on a peavy grind bass and it was incredible the b was nice and had all around great tone but i havent seen alot of these basses. i was wondering if there where discontinued? and is 1065$ is a decent price for one?

2. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Hey pumo.

The Grind is one of Peavey's most recent upper echelon basses and they are still in production. I've never seen one in a store but from the price that you stated, I would say that it was an American made verison. The list on the American 4-string is about $1200.00 and about $1400.00 for the 5-string. The would come to about 24% off list for the 5 that you tried.

Tell me more about it! Did you switch it into passive mode? If so, how did it sound passive? How heavy was it? can you give more of a description of it tone and feel? Thanks! :)

3. pumo420

pumo420

Nov 2, 2001
    illinois
    well i walked into the store and i played on a couple of fenders and couple of ibanezs. then i saw a bass with a black finish and it was kinda sparkly i picked it up and played on it for about 15 minutes i loved it so much the neck was really fast and the action was low and i got i nice bright warm tone from it. i came went back to the store today and i played on it again and got the specs on it it has a 35 inch scale pau ferro fretboard bass grahpite neck wood body bolt on gotoh bridge active 3 band eq 2 vhl active pickups and very lite.

4. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    It's not the Grind then if it has a graphite neck. What you played was the G-Bass.

5. pumo420

pumo420

Nov 2, 2001
    illinois
    ohhh okay i was alil confused cause the guy said it was a grind bass sorry. but its still a very nice bass.

6. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    There are two types of Grind basses: the BXP (the cheaper 34" scale) and the 35" scale. Both are new models. I played a BXP recently; not bad.

7. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    The Grind BXP is made is Korea. The Grind is American made. Artisan, how do you think the BXP compares to the MTD Korean imports?

8. LA

LA

Oct 17, 2001
    Michigan
    I didn't play the BXP long enough to do a fair comparison, nor did I plug it into an amp. I do know that the MTD Kingston's string spacing is more to my liking.

The Peavey Grind Bass BXP

9. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    Thanlks for the update Artisan. I knew about the bass and the website. It's just that I've never had the opportunity to put my hands on one. The dealers in my area are kind of slow about adding new gear to their inventory.