Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavy Grind Basses ?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sixstringer506, Feb 26, 2004.

1. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I wouldn't buy one online. I have played several of them in stores, and some of them rock, some of them suck. Very inconsistent quality. Play a few and pick the best one.

2. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Never seen one in a store. They look like they might be too good to be true...

3. I have a Grind 5 NTB and it is one very special instrument. An incredible neck and a great growly tone with any knob setup. The 35" scale and neck through feature are unusual at this price point. Aside from that, it's a beautiful instrument too!

I concur about the possibility of getting a not-so-good one without playing it first. "The head luthier and bass rep for one of the local stores and myself figured out that the lighter the color, the heavier the bass and less desirable tone. At least that was true of the 6 or so specimens we played.

But at this price, you should be able to get over any small detail like this and get to know one of these.