Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavy Heads

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by life.x, Mar 15, 2004.

1. life.x

life.x

Dec 21, 2003
    hamburg ny
    Yea, i'm looking around for a decent used Peavy head. Well I have found a few that have tickled my fancy like the Peavy T-MAX 500w head and the Peavy Bxr 400. Well I would like to know what would be a good Peavy head to purchase for my 6x10 traynor cab ( 6 150w speakers). I just need to find a great head that is not gonna cut out on me and will fill the wattage on the cab.

2. ive never heard of this peavy company. are they any better than Peavey?

3. it may just be me, but I can't bring myself to buy anything that says peavey on it....

4. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    I was playing the MAX700, it sounded awsome. It was through a peavey 4x10 and a 1x15.... I'm sure the 500 is just as great.

5. sloppysubs

sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    i bought a used peavey mach 3 xp series off of ebay. really name has nothign to do with the product. but i will say that is one of the best amps ive ever had ever, minus my ashdown its the best amp ive ever owned.

6. Mike Money, I've been thinking of buying that head. Any specific comments you'd like to say about it?

7. Mike Money

Mike Money Banned

Mar 18, 2003
    Bakersfield California
    Avatar Speakers Endorsing Hooligan
    Ya, its LOUD. It means business...

Lots of tonal options...

And is pure sex with a Jazz bass. :p

8. Thanks man.

9. jazzercountry

jazzercountry Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2000
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    Hey Mike, how versatile is the EQ section on that bad boy? I'm looking really hard at one, and wondering if it's flexible/transparent enough to cut it on an upright gig. I'll be pairing with an AccuGroove Tri210, so hopefully that will help.

10. life.x

life.x

Dec 21, 2003
    hamburg ny
    well in fact it is Peavey, i just can't spell....it's not Peavy