Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavy Minx 110 or Bassman 25??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Wattoosi, May 28, 2005.

1. Just looking for a "decent" practive amp. I narrowed it down to these two cuz you can find them used at good deals and more than that i like the sound, esp of the Fender. I had a Fender BXR-15 a long time ago it was my first practice amp and it didn't have any real bottom end but it had a decent tone for such a little amp. I could even gig with w/o a drummer with it! Anyway, just looking for suggestions. Thanks!

2. Juniorkimbrough

Juniorkimbrough

Mar 22, 2005
    Mississippi / Memphis, TN
    Endorsing Artist: Lakland Basses
    I've never used either, but based solely on name I'd go with the Peavey. they are built like tanks, rarely ever will you have a problem with them. I've dealt with Fender's customer service and it is terrible to say the very least.

3. 62bass

62bass

Apr 3, 2005
    Go for the Minx. I've used one for at least 12 years every day for practice. Even played a few small gigs with it. It's still going strong. It has a decent sound for very little money.

4. k, PV:2, Fender:0

5. +1

Another vote for the Minx. Mine works great, and is acceptable for low volume coffee shop gigs.

6. LJW

LJW

Feb 8, 2002
    northeastern pa.

This has been my experience as well.

Mine has been used every day for years, including countless quiet jazz gigs.

Good little amp.

It is an older USA made model.

I have no experience with the newer versions.

7. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I got a Minx 110 when I was 11 years old, and it lasted until I was about 23, all the while being pushed into distortion. After I got a 1x15 and a head, I still ran the minx to add some high end bite and more volume. Then theres the time I got it soaking wet in the rain and just kept playing. Not the best sound out there, but they are TANKs.

8. Another vote for Minx. I have a Fender Frontman 25. It's not a bad little amp and I'm reasonably happy with it, but I wish I had known about the Minx before I bought it.

9. Beefbass

Beefbass Guest

Feb 4, 2001
    Peavey Minx :hyper: