1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Peavy model 1820

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Latdaddy, Dec 12, 2018.

1. Latdaddy

Latdaddy

Dec 12, 2018
    I have a 1820 I'm rebuilding and I'm looking for the jack plate and crossovers. Any ideas where to look? Already tried Peavy, Ebay, ect. and hit a dead end. Just curious if anyone has a honey hole out there or parts they'd possibly let go. It would be greatly appreciated.

2. Porkchop2

Porkchop2

Aug 20, 2015
    Milwaukee
    Ebay is best bet, or harvest from another cab.
    You can look for a back plate from other cabs that will also work..
    1810 cab is same but smaller.
    1516 cabs are a 15 & 2 8”, same plate and crossover except the xover frequency is 600hz (1820 is 400 or 500hz I think?)
    All are 4 ohm 400watt (ish)

Some of the 2-way PA cabs have the same jack plate size but different xover points and impedance. You could in theory replace components on the board to change the specs.

I had an 1820 and have 2 1516 cabs. I superglued one of the plates back together and replaced the jacks and caps on one.

Attached Files:

Fuzzfarmer likes this.
  3. Latdaddy

Latdaddy

Dec 12, 2018
    Thanks bro. I've been all over the internet, Ebay, ect... Only found 1 cab out there. I'll look for the others that might be comparable and they that out. Appreciate your help

Porkchop2 likes this.