Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Peavy on the Way,

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by basstastic, Jun 13, 2002.

1. I am about to have a nice Peavy 400W head and 4x10 speaker delivered to me. For free. Apparently it's 5 years old. Anyone know anything about these amps, resale value etc. Should I keep it when I get it? Any general info would be good. I havent even see it yet, but should be with me in two weeks.

sim

2. I really like the Peavey 4x10's I've tried....which model are you getting?

3. As soon as I know I will tell ya!! All I know is, it's Peavy.

sim

4. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Wow! They must be a little known company because I've never heard of 'Peavy'. J/K It's gotta be a PeavEY.

5. Surely this spelling error (sorry to have offended) is only testament to how little I know about it.

sim

6. ndjx

ndjx

Oct 26, 2001
    MN
    Dude I didn't mean it like that. No offense was taken and I didn't mean to sound like a d*ck if I did. Sorry. I hope you like your new gear.

7. hammer2748

hammer2748

Feb 22, 2002
    Hartford, CT
    Definitely grab it. The 4X10's I've tried are awesome as long as they're the later model "TVX" type. Can't speak for anything earlier than that in the 4X10's. As for the amp, need to know more about it.

However, as a rule, Peavey stuff is built to last. The sound it delivers is very subject to personal opinion. As with all things in here, if it sounds good to you, then run with it! My personal experiences with Peavey have been mostly very favrorable. I'm running a rack-mounted T-MAX 500W head @ 2-ohms into Peavey 1-15BW and a 4X10TVX with a Digitech BP-200 pedal board. It's more than doing the job for me. I'm happy with my sound and it didn't cost me my wife and children and the kitchen sink! Take care and good luck.