Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

peavy setup for ampeg+fender?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by downstairs, Mar 8, 2002.

1. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    Right now i have a really large peavey 4x10 bass cabinet and a peavey mark 3 guitar amp head (yes guitar head), and i am going to sell that for $400 dollars to my guitarist friend (i paid $235 for the setup). With that $400 and an additional $100, i can buy an ampeg b2r amp head and a fender 4x10 cabinet with a horn, i've heard this used before, and they sound awesome, very low, and nice. i plan to use the 4x10 with my peavey 15-inch cabinet to have a huuuuuuuge rig. Loud is not really needed, if i play anywhere huge, i'll use my line 6 bass pod at a DI, and go from there, does this sound like a very good idea?

2. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    The B2R is a good head. Fender isn't really known for its cabs, but if you like it go for it! Have you considered an ampeg cab to go with the B2R?

3. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    essentially i'm paying $250 for the head, and $250 for the cabinet. also I kinda worship this local band that the bassist is in, and to own his stuff, its a really neat idea.

4. well i dont know much about worshipping others, but i use an ampeg 4x10 (and an ampeg 1x18)with my SVT3 and its a kick ass cab. I play Fender basses, but dont like their cabs too much.

5. John Bufo

John Bufo

Jan 14, 2002
    Salem, NH
    You have a Line 6 bass pod, why not use that as a preamp and buy a power amp and cabinet? You would save some money and have a more versatile setup.

6. downstairs

downstairs

May 13, 2001
    Pasadena, MD
    most of the places around here that there are to play at are pretty large, and i'd most likely use the bass pod as a DI and use my amp as stage presense, but also, the bass pod dosen't really have a sound i care alot for, i'm gonna mess with it in a little bit.