1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Peavy T-40 Pickups

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by FzzyNoNoseChimp, Jan 11, 2005.

1. FzzyNoNoseChimp

FzzyNoNoseChimp

Mar 13, 2004
    Hey TB'ers,
    After a whole bunch of searches and going through the archives I still haven't heard any real good sources besides buying used T-40 pickups as a replacement for the pickups on this bass. Right now I have DeArmond Gold Tones, and they work but due to the width between each string, the E string is a little lacking in power due to it not being over the coil. Anyways I just wanted to know if there have been any recent advancements or producers of a pickup or a remake of the vintage that I can get that will work better for this awesome bass I have, and if any of you guys have old ones you aren't using, I'd be happy to buy them off you! Thanks for the info gents! :bassist:

2. FzzyNoNoseChimp

FzzyNoNoseChimp

Mar 13, 2004
    *bump* I'm still curious to see what's out there.

3. jim primate

jim primate bass guitarist.

some mom&pop pickup manufacturer's (ahem...lindyfralin...cough...)will repair a broken pickup.

4. FzzyNoNoseChimp

FzzyNoNoseChimp

Mar 13, 2004
    I don't have any broken T-40 p'ups otherwise I probably would.