Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by abduleiu, Dec 3, 2000.

1. abduleiu

Dec 3, 2000
    I was wondering if someone could help me> im starting to play the bass and am looking for a good bass and amp. I was thinking of getting the peavy milestone III and peavy microbass amp. If anyone has these can they give me some advice on these equipment cheers!
  2. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I have a microbass, and for what it is, and what I ask of it, it is great. Excellent tone, plenty of power for playing with CD's, or a buddy on acoustic guitar. Can't find anything bad to say about it...just don't mistankenly think that you can play with a drummer or gig with it and you'll be fine. I've never played a Foundation, so I can't give you an opinion on that...

3. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Good choices for learning how to play. If you get to the point where you want to play with others more loudly than you can with the Micro Bass, you can upgrade then.

Have fun
  4. I think the Milestone III is a very nice bass for the price.
  5. Sofa King

Sofa King

Aug 20, 2000
    Rowlett, TX
    I've played a couple of basses on a Microbass, it's a good amp. It was loud enough in the store, and the sound was great! I don't own one, and I didn't mess with the EQ on it much, but playing it at the store it sounded good.

I own a Milestone III, I think it's very good for the price. I think for a bass it's price it has a really good sound :)
  6. I've long thought that the Peavy gear you describe was a great way to get started on the cheap. I have the Microbass amp and think it's as good as you'll get for a little bedroom practice amp.