Pedal-based Headphone Amps - OBNE vs Mooer vs Saturnworks

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Daniel Evan R, Apr 30, 2020.

1. I'm really interested in a clean, simple, pedal-sized 9v supply powered headphone amp to use at the end of my effects chain for silent practicing. No cab sim, or the option to turn off a cab sim, is very important as I'll be using it with both both my bass and guitar pedalboards. I've narrowed down my search to three similarly featured and priced pedals - the Old Blood Noise Endeavors Headphone Amp, the Mooer Audiophile, and the Saturnworks Headphone Amp - and want to know if anyone has hands-on experience with any of them. Before anyone suggests it, I'm not interested in the PJB BigHeads or the Ashdown Tone pocket because of their respective formats, costs, and power requirements.

2. blocka

blocka

Feb 24, 2014
    Sunshine Coast
    Did you decide on one?

3. I've ended up actually really just using and liking my Boss GT-1B as a "practice amp" replacement! I did have a chance to try the OBNE and really liked it for what it is, but in the end it wasn't entirely what I thought I needed. I've heard the Saturnworks is really good too - I think it would be a tossup between those two and from what I can tell you wouldn't go wrong with either choice
    /