Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedal Bass

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by therealting, Jan 14, 2005.

1. I am looking for one of those organ-like pedal devices that are like keyboards designed to be played with feet.

One example is the Moog Taurus, but those are practically impossible to find for anything approaching an affordable price.

[​IMG]

Are there any current production foot MIDI keyboards?

Cheers,
    Johann

2. Update:

I've found a couple, such as the Fatar / StudioLogic units (MP113 / MP117):

[​IMG]

... and the Roland units (PK5 / PK7):

[​IMG]

Can't find any used at the moment though.

Any other suggestions welcome.

3. Do those include sounds, though, because they usually are just a midi controller, right?

4. Right. No sounds included, you'd have to hook them up to a synth or sampler.

5. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I just picked up a PK-5 (couldn't find one used, either) and a Korg Triton Rack. Hopefully, I will able to play rudimentary keyboard parts (or any instrument/voice, really) with my feet, and to possibly trigger some samples (like, say the intro to Baba O'Reilly, or Godzilla's "roar" :D). In the band that I plan on using this setup, we only have myself and one guitar player, so being able to do some keyboard like fills would be a benefit.

First off, I need to learn how to work these things. If only I could find a resource half as good as TalkBass.com that deals with sequencing/sampling!

6. jrduer

jrduer

Jun 27, 2005
    Georgetown, TX
    Has anyone tried the Stellar Pedals units? They have a couple which include synth modules (Yamaha FB-01, I think, or a Roland M3R), and some that are just MIDI triggers.

I'm trying to decide which of the 3 or 4 makes (Fatar, Roland, Stellar) would be right for me.

-John