Pedal Board Power Supplies "Isolated"

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BassBeginer64, Aug 25, 2018.

1. BassBeginer64

BassBeginer64 Supporting Member

Aug 6, 2018
    Riverside Ca
    Looking for a good Isolated Pedal Power Supply, the one that keeps coming up with 5 star reviews in the hundreds is the
    Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2 PLUS Isolated Power Supply
    Voodoo Lab - Pedal Power® 2 PLUS

Seems to have great reviews, seems anything lower in cost is just non isolated and causes hums. The Voodoo Lab Power Plus runs about $150 bucks shipped. Or is there anything else out there that is lower cost?

Spidey2112 likes this.
  2. One spot pro keeps my board alive and well feed and I run 11 pedals off it

freedomryder likes this.
  3. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Columbia SC
    I have a One Spot with a daisy that works great but honestly the Pedal Power 2 + is seriously next level— I still own both but only use the One Spot when I’m testing out new pedals.
    Can’t go wrong buying a PP2+

Spidey2112 likes this.
  4. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    I'm all about the MXR Iso Brick because it's light and provides a butt-ton of power.

5. GMC

GMC

Jan 1, 2006
    Wiltshire, UK
    Strymon Ojai

6. Jonny5bass

Jonny5bass

May 3, 2011
    Seattle, WA
    Mxr iso Brick is the best bang for your buck in terms of cost vs.# of isolated outlets with a huge range of mA ratings. And you can usually get one through prymaxe with one of their frequent 20% off coupons.

I recently picked up a tru tone cs6 and it’s awesome for the price and the fact that it’ll fit under a pt nano or mini.

7. basst scho

basst scho

May 30, 2017
    Bavaria
    i think its worth to try a cheaper power supply before spending that much money.
    i have a donner power supply i run 6 pedals with, and never had any hum or noise.

https://www.amazon.com/Donner-Guita...TF8&qid=1535902235&sr=8-2&keywords=donner+dp2

product page says it has isolated outputs, but folks around here say that these cheapo-supplies aren´t isolated...

don´t know who is right, but can say it works fine with no noise or other problems...

8. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Folks around here are right about the Donner. They're playing word games. Each output has its own short circuit protection and is filtered, but that is not true isolation. And it's not that non-isolated supplies can't work well. They certainly can. But occasionally you will get an effect that creates noise interacting with other pedals unless it's on its own iso line.

Spidey2112 likes this.
  9. Spidey2112

Spidey2112

Aug 3, 2016
    PP2+... awesome. They appear in the Classifieds, from time to time...

... at a lower cost, of course.

10. basst scho

basst scho

May 30, 2017
    Bavaria
    thanks for the clarification

JimmyM likes this.
  11. MyMusic

MyMusic

Jun 1, 2010
    Dover, De
    Check out the Truetone 1 Spot Pro CS7 power supply.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 22, 2021