1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal Board Power Supply Recommendations

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by esa372, Jan 5, 2018.

1. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hey, TB.

I'm putting together a board with four boxes, and I have run into a P/S problem...

Three of the pedals take standard 9V (DC) power @ 100-200mA - no problem there - but, the fourth one takes 30V (AC) power @ 600mA.

I have seen several that put out 450mA (like the MXR Iso-Brick), but I have not found any that put out 30V (AC) @ 600mA.

Is there a single power solution for all four boxes, or should I expect to run three from one source, and the big one from its own P/S?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated - Thanks!

2. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    The only one I know (and I could be wrong) that does both is the CIOKS AC10. However it only does 16V AC.

Here's mine. I happened to have it out because I'm about to wire up my board (finally).

20180105_204617.

3. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Thanks, two fingers!

That unit won't work for me, because I need 30V... but, I'll try contacting the manufacturer; maybe they'll have some ideas.

4. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Employee
    Curious, what pedal requires that kind of power? Seems like a lot.

5. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Hi, willsellout!

It is a lot of power, but that's because it's not a pedal - it's a DI: :thumbsup:

RT-4001.

I'm setting up a "DI Board"; something I can grab for studio recording, or "ampless" gigs. The RT-4001 will be the heart of the signal chain, which will also include a Q\Strip, a M76 compressor, and a tuner. This gives me everything I need for going direct, studio or stage.

ST-300 tuner > RT-4001 > M76 compressor > Q\Strip

I can then run a "pre" signal directly from the RT-4001, and/or a "post" signal from the Q\Strip... and the tuner can mute the whole system. Works for me! :bassist:

Last edited: Jan 6, 2018
    ccbass71 and willsellout like this.
  6. willsellout

willsellout Supporting Member

Aug 13, 2002
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Sweetwater Employee
    Awesome, thanks for the explanation! Good luck with your search!

esa372 likes this.
  7. esa372

esa372

Aug 7, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    I couldn't find a single-solution PS, but here is my new DI board:

DI_board.

:hyper: :thumbsup: :bassist: :D