Pedal board power

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Heckxx, Jan 24, 2005.

1. Heckxx

Nov 2, 2004
    Libertyville, IL
    I have a pedalboard consisting of 2 boss pedals, BF-3 and PH-3, Danelectro tuna melt tremolo, Ibanez CF-7, and MXR Phase 90. I currently use a standard danelectro wall wart adapter and a power daisy chain a friend of mine "borrowed" to power all 5 pedals. I just not noticed that the amperage rating on the adapter is only 200 mA. Is this fine? I never noticed any problems, and i only use one or two pedals at a time anyways. Being that i heard pedals can generally consume 150-200 mA's each, and that I'm pretty sure the danelectro power adapter wasnt meant to be daisy chained, I'm alittle concerned.
  2. mikeboth

mikeboth The last thing you'll ever see

Jun 14, 2002
    Tallinn, Estonia
    Operator: prophecysound systems
    Most pedals would only consume between 10ma to 30 ma each, so I wouldn't be concerned. The best way to make sure is to add up the current consumption of the pedals you have (I think Boss, at least, publishes these figures) and make sure it's less than what your adapter can supply.

3. Melvin7822

Melvin7822 Supporting Member

May 11, 2004
    Broomfield, CO
    Ditto that. I just happen to use a Dunlop DC-Brick which has an ungodly amount of amperage (1000 mA or 1 A to be exact). I have 5 pedals I run: a Boss OC-3, a Boss BD-2, Sparkle Drive, Ibanez PD-7, and a Rust Ride. Most of the pedals run between 15-30 mA. So as you can see at any given time I'd be running between 75 - 150 mA. So as you can see, with my 5 pedals I'd need nowhere near 1000 mA and could safely operate off of 200 mA power supply.