1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedal Board Questions...

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Zangetsu, Apr 24, 2009.

1. Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Sep 14, 2008
    So my plan:

What I Have
    ===========

1. Ibanez SR700
    2. Marshall MB4410

What I'm Getting (AFAIK)
    ===================

1. Boss TU-2
    2. Barge Concepts VB-jr
    3. Russian Big Muff
    4. EHX Bass Micro Synth

So here we go... I'm pretty new to bass effects so I'd appreciate advice on the above... Is there anything changes or additions I should consider?

Also what way should I order the pedals? Should they be in front of the amp or in the effects loop? TU-2 before the VB-jr? etc etc...

2. Bassenstien

Bassenstien

Jun 13, 2006
    Mississippi
    Sounds like a great plan. The only thing I would recomend is trying the Bass Big Muff instead of the Russian. It is based off the old Green Russian and has a blend feature so low end loss is minimal. This might make the VB-jr unecessary saving you some $$.

3. Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Sep 14, 2008
    Not a fan of the Bass Big Muff really, it reminds me of the PI too much, sounds a bit poo imo... Thanks though! I'll have a think about it, see if I can A/B them somewhere.

4. Zangetsu

Zangetsu

Sep 14, 2008
    Does anyone know if the EXH MBS is actually true bypass? Been hearing a lot of bollox that it isn't, yet EHX advertise it as such....?