Pedal boards and Line Selections

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tnavis, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Hey bassers-

Interesting predicament involving my pedalboard. My current setup:

Two basses-> Line A & B of Morley AB -> Korg Tuner-> Bassballs-> Aphex Punch Factory-> MXR Distortion + -> Amp

Ideally, what I would like to is somehow set up my board so that I can have one of my basses just run through the tuner and the amp (effectively bypassing any color or hum from the other pedals), but not have to unhook or unplug anything. I'm thinking I can somehow incorporate a Boss LS-2 line selector in here somehow, but not quite sure.

2. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Any sort of A/B looping box will do, there's a million of them on the market.

bass 1 & bass 2--> Morley AB--> tuner--> looper--> loop out to fx, main out to amp.

I'm sure or any of the hordes of other loop-box guys could custom-make you a single box that incorporated the input A/B switcher, the loop A/B switcher, and a separate tuner out jack to take the tuner out of your signal chain. That's the approach I'd take.
  3. Tnavis

Feb 25, 2003
    Minneapolis, MN
    Cool, that would do the trick nicely.

The next question, which is somewhat related, is if I throw a Sansamp bass driver into the mix, should that go at the very end, or in the place of the MXR? Am I correct in thinking that if I want to use it as a DI box, it needs to at the end of the chain?