Pedal Boards of the Stars: Part Deux

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Adam Barkley, Mar 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
  2. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    FYI: it's "deux," if you're going for the correct french spelling. ;)

3. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger

Feb 21, 2006
    Boise, ID, USA
    Why were you guys even up so early in the morning? :eyebrow:

4. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Whoops. :D

5. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Had to be at work at 6:00 AM Central.

6. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    i was up late, mang.

7. DopplerShift

DopplerShift

Apr 19, 2005
    Chicago Area
    Where are the pedalboards???? ;)

8. we thought you were posting them.

9. deekay911

deekay911

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
  10. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Are we witnessing the death of a thread within the first 10 posts, or is it just me? :eyebrow:

11. The BurgerMeister

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    it wasn't my turn to watch them! :mad:

oh wait.... it WAS my turn!!! :eek:

12. youre not gonna die on me!!!...i dont have thetime or the patience to paste all of the good pictures from the old thread into here, but, im gonna reiterate the stuff ive been posting on ben kenney in the other thread and pose a request of my own

ben kenney: boss tu-2 -> unknown chorus (im gonna say boss super chorus because thats just what i want it to be)->boss oc-2 -> fulltone bassdrive - all now replaced by line6 bass podxt pro

http://redpillmusic.com/pix/incubus072607/IMG_1088.JPG

now...does anyone have any info on jack lawrence of the raconteurs other than EHX English Muff'n and Boss TU-2 (both clearly visible on his board in the new video they have out...and he's said multiple times he uses the English Muff'n)

those could very well be the only two things on his board, as the rest is kinda blurry and black - maybe just a power supply...but...i think hes got a fuzz on there somewhere...

13. vegas532

vegas532

Nov 10, 2006
    Pensacola, FL.
    Sorry I didn't get pics, but I did get a great look at the bassists' boards.

Brian Cook - Boss TU-2, Whammy, Ibanez TS-9, Big Muff, Akai Headrush E2, Akai Headrush E1

Greg Burns - Boss Tu-2, Fulltone BassDrive Mosfet, Dunlop Crybaby, EHX Electric Mistress, Line 6 DL-4

I've communicated with Brian Cook several times via myspace and finally got to meet him in the flesh. I gotta say, he's probably one of the nicest guys I've ever met! I also got to meet Jeff Caxide of Isis, who was in the audience...he definitely is the nicest guy I've ever met!

14. tommy.genes

tommy.genes

Feb 16, 2006
    Yo! Philly
    I saw Dub Trio last night and thought they were f'in awesome!

It was too dark for a camera phone pic, but here is what I remember from Stu Brooks' board, in no particular order.

• Moogerfooger, most likely LPF but not positive
    • MXR Blow Torch (not Pigtronix Disnortion like I've read elsewhere)
    • Boss OC-? Octave
    • Another Boss pedal I don't remember
    • Boss TU-2 Tuner
    • EHX Holy Grail reverb
    • Some bypass/blend looking thing, I don't remember the name

He also had an Aguilar amp with a 4x12 cabinet and a Roland Space Echo on top of that, which he triggered with foot pedals on the floor.

It was another case of not finding anything terribly exotic on the board (except perhaps for the Mooger); just someone who has taken the time to find their unique sound out of fairly common equipment.

-- T. G. --

15. JohnDavisNYC

JohnDavisNYC

Jan 11, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    Endorsing Artist: Aguilar, D'Addario
    stu is my boy... i haven't seen them for a while. they are an amazing band. i seem to remember geeking out with him, and we had a very similar signal chain, but very different sounds.

he is such a killing bassist.

john

16. Jared Lash

Jared Lash Born under punches Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2006
    Denver, CO
    I'm pretty sure it's an OC-2. And from what I remember, he controlled the Space Echo on the drums and guitar, but the bass wasn't run through it.

17. +1, i read this in bassplayer mag a few months back, sometimes he triggers the space echos and just leaves them two to play, to create a different vibe if i remember correctly.

18. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Cheshire, UK
  19. OhThePeacock

OhThePeacock

Sep 15, 2007
    Wausau, WI
    Holy poop! Look at all that lovetone too!

20. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 19, 2021

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.