1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pedal boards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by AndyW83, Mar 25, 2009.

1. AndyW83

AndyW83

Feb 18, 2009
    what is on everyones pedal boards?....beacause i dont play gigs i only have a digitech auto synth and a big muff but im looking for other pedals...the next pedal i want is some kind of fuzz pedal....any suggestions? the big muff has a very heavy distortion...almost to the point that it sounds like ****....and the digitech is ....well just plain wierd....do i just have the settings wrong or are these that crazy?

2. kevteop

kevteop

Feb 12, 2008
    York, UK
    There are lots of fuzz pedals out there. LOTS.

Most are based on the old Big Muff circuit or the Fuzz Face. Some are voiced specifically for bass.

Look at the Z.Vex Woolly Mammoth, Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie 'B', Malekko B:Assmaster, Big John Hairy Balls, Chunk Systems Brown Dog, EHX Bass Big Muff... There are just too many options.

Currently I have the Mammoth but I loved the tone of the Pickle Pie 'B'. I've also got the Brown Dog circuit in my Squeezer and that's great too, and everybody I know who's got an Assmaster loves it. Seriously you're on well-trodden ground here and a search will root up tonnes of sound samples and opinions.

Good luck. Fuzz on bass is mint.

3. AndyW83

AndyW83

Feb 18, 2009
    thanks man ill check out the mammoth and a few of the others

4. Chris Ramlar

Chris Ramlar

Feb 8, 2006
    Mexico