pedal boards

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sloppysubs, May 31, 2003.

1. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    anyoen know any websites of people who make pedal boards?
  2. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Why not make your own? I did and it works as well as any I've seen.

i just took a big plank, attached "feet" to it, attached large strips of velcro to it and then velcroed my effects and the power strip to it. I get compliments all the time on it, though it's hardly a work of art.

Hey, dumpster-diving has it pluses, you know! ;)
  3. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    did that but we do a lot of gigging and everything always gets messed up. so id like something a bit better.
  4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    I have used homemade jobbies in the past, too, but I recently picked up a PedalTrain. I haven't gigged out with it yet, but it seems like a nice setup, and the case it very tough.

5. Jonesy4fnk

Jonesy4fnk Supporting Member

6. sloppysubs

Nov 24, 2002
    Swansboro, NC
    thanks guys. ill think ill do the nyc thing. thanks again
  7. Ditto. I got the NYC Gigman Plus. I'll post a pic this weekend. It's verry nice and reasonably priced.
  8. KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Here is mine (2 tier) made from plywood and velcro with a no-slip mat attached to the bottom.
    (it is an old picture, my effects are different now, but I allowed flexible room on my pedalboard to accomidate changes). Plus only cost <$40 total for all materials

9. adamaarts

adamaarts Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2001
    Corona, CA
    Beta tester Source Audio, demos/reviews of many others
  10. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    (Just recently posted this on HC, sorry about this crosspost)

You could always do some DIY, it's not that difficult. Here's some pics of mine, just a piece of plywood with speaker cloth glued and stapled to it. Initially I used velcro (grips like crazy on the cloth) but I got tired of the pedals moving around (the glue on the velcro didn't work very well) so I put some metal bits in the corners of the pedals and screwed them down. Rock solid. The case is a cheapo camera/tool case ($20) which I put some leftover detachable hinges in. The board leans on the hinge screws so it sits at a convenient angle. That also gives some room for cables underneath the board in addition to the big space in the lid. As you can see I'm an EBS junkie. I hope they never make any new pedals. :)