Pedal Breeders' BIG Board Club Part II: Biggins'

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Build you own board

347 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. Spend the scratch for a ready made board

292 vote(s)
    45.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL

Yeah for sure man. You got the sweet stuff :)

Lebowsky- #117

blindrabbit, BIG97BEN and SunnBass like this.
  2. morebassbaby

morebassbaby Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    More wankery from our favorite demo guy! Of course a Namm video so too much talking, not enough playing....

sillyfabe likes this.
  3. DrewM85

DrewM85

Jan 2, 2012
    DE
    Yeah its becoming harder and harder for me to resist a H9 Max and core combo.

BIG97BEN, sillyfabe and Adamixoye like this.
  4. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    The Crushstation looks and sounds cool and all but the re-routing options have GREATLY expanded the potential for my set-up.

Glad this thread is back!

Here is my set-up waiting ever so patiently for a new DOD MeatBox

D93DD68E-C4B0-4BDC-8B38-DDAE0F2940C5_zpstzjeonjn.jpg

Pedaltrain PT-PRO
    Iron Ether Subterranea
    "Mr Sparkle"Way Huge Pork Loin (cap change:John K mod, rehoused/etched: Acid Splash Designs)
    Way Huge Swollen Pickle: Dirty Donnie Edition
    Zvex Mastotron
    Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory
    Black Cat Effects Bass Octave Fuzz (rehoused with top jacks, green LED and Sonic etch by Acid Splash Designs)
    Chunk Systems Octavius Squeezer
    Death Star Sovtek Muff (bias,gate,feedback mods: Guttermouth Mods: lo/hi mids,Tonebender, diodes blend, Q2 resistor, Q3 resistor, LED switch with diodes lift: Acid Splash Designs)
    Behringer BSY-600 Bass Synth (rehoused, upgraded jacks, soft click less bypass by Danndubleewe)
    3-Leaf Audio Proton v.2
    WMD Geiger Counter (bass mod: Danndubblewe)
    Source Audio Multi-Wave Bass Distortion-PRO
    Source Audio Bass Envelope Filter-PRO
    Eventide H9 MAX
    DOD Meatbox Subsynth (PREORDERED!!!)
    Boss PS-3 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay
    "Hypnotoad"EHX Freeze (rehoused/etched:Acid Splash Designs, mods:blue LED with bezel, soft click less bypass)
    Malekko Omnicron Vibrato
    Saturnworks Momentary Kill-Switch
    Eventide H9 MAX
    Eventide H9 MAX
    TC Electronics Polytune Mini
    "Brick Wall" Boss LM-2B Bass Limiter (rehoused and etched,enhance control eliminated: Acid Splash Designs)

Controllers:
    Moog EP-3
    Mission Expressionator (DMC-4,Geiger Counter,BSY-600)
    Damage Control DMC-4 gen.2 (3 H9s)
    Source Audio HH3 (BEF,MWBD)
    Photo Expression (PS-3)
    Heet Sounds Plus-EBOW
    Dunlop Chrome 220 Slide
    Altoids Tin (picks for my guitarist) ;)

5. Not sure why I never posted in here before, but here's my board today:

Pedalboard 7:11:2015.jpg

Newest add is the Neunaber Wet reverb (mono), which I'm loving so far. The space above the PPB and Barbershop is reserved for a Future Impact...hope it will fit!

6. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    I have no idea why but I can't stop wanting a Bass Whammy. I have a HOG and rarely use it (love the freeze and organ sounds) but something about that thing just says buy me.

blindrabbit, sillyfabe and gregmon79 like this.
  7. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Oh wow! You got some bad *^% (;))stuff there. Need a number?

BassManPatsFan likes this.
  8. BIG97BEN

BIG97BEN

Sep 12, 2011
    Richmond VA
    Nice board. We were just talking about chorus the last few days. I have the full sized Analogman and like it a lot. I'd love to see if I can get the mini with the deep switch. I really like that feature.

blindrabbit and BassManPatsFan like this.
  9. Well... That was a blip in the matrix :bag:

Guess it time to take the blue pill

latest?cb=20060821153455.jpg

10. Sure, why not!

Yeah man, I love my mini A-man w/ the deep switch and mix knob. I've had it for almost 2 years now and have never once felt the urge to try something else. I'll have to keep my distance from the Warped Vinyl--those look/sound insane.

BIG97BEN likes this.
  11. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    You got it, welcome!! You're in with a kick butt board

BassManPatsfan- #119

SunnBass likes this.
  12. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    Are we all still here, limbs intact?

Or are fates still being decided?

13. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    Hey Broadcast owners....sorry if this has been covered before, have any of you tried running the pedal at 18V or 24V? Is it worth the higher voltage? I'm starting to think seriously about gigrig-ing my rig for power and they have the Electro man adapter which could get me 24V I think. Could be fun. Looking forward to my future broadcast!

blindrabbit likes this.
  14. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    I have tried it at 9 18 and 24. I prefer 18. It's the sweet spot between too much break up and not enough (when u want it). I LOVE this at 18 it is always on for. Which is super rare for me

blindrabbit likes this.
  15. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    For me, 18 is what you want. Much better than 9.

blindrabbit likes this.
  16. morebassbaby

Jan 26, 2001
    Illinois
    Sweet! Will do. Also, how does it play with buffers? Gosh, I really am regretting not picking up the johnk buffer Buster when I had the chance. I think he only was doing 5 right?

17. volerium

volerium

May 21, 2012
    Wichita, KS
    My first ever reverb.com purchase. Bought a zvex loopgate for 160 on July 2nd.. no communication from the seller so I contact him the following monday and ask for a tracking number. He says he doesn't have it handy right now but that the item did ship on Monday and he would post a tracking number as soon as he found it. Few days go by, still nothing. Contact him again asking for a tracking number and no reply. So I'm really not feeling so great about this purchase and today a package arrives and all my angry ill feelings towards the guy instantly go away. Until I open the damn thing and find I'm the new owner of a gently used mxr super comp.

Mad as hell and about to cyber punch this guy in the face.

BIG97BEN, blindrabbit, Mosfed and 2 others like this.
  18. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    Oh man, that's brutal.

19. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    I am liking your post in a sort of "I feel for you" type of way. That is awful.

volerium, blindrabbit and grygrx like this.
  20. hintz

hintz

Jun 5, 2014
    wahiawa, HI(Oahu)
    If it makes you feel any better, I have a story about eBay...

So I ordered the Joyo American (I know, its not very expensive) from a seller in china, it was free shipping on the slow boat so I get a package a month later and it was the AC tone instead...

I pm him back telling the seller, and he requests pictures so I send him some of package, pedal, etc.... He at first says why don't you just keep it since it will work, I tell him no its not what I ordered, then he offers me a $5 refund to keep it, after a week or so he agrees to refund me and send me the right pedal and keep the AC tone...

Of course I gave him bad reviews as he should've just fixed his mistake the first time without all the difficulty he gave me, anyways sorry you had to deal with that, I've never made a transaction on reverb, good luck though

volerium likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.