Pedal Breeders' BIG Board Club Part II: Biggins'

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by gregmon79, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Build you own board

347 vote(s)
    54.3%
  2. Spend the scratch for a ready made board

292 vote(s)
    45.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    Wow, I spend all day installing a new ac/dehumidifier in the jam room and miss the fireworks. Hope everyone is still with us and maybe some new people as well

sillyfabe, gregmon79 and blindrabbit like this.
  2. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Washington DC
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    Ugh....

hintz and blindrabbit like this.
  3. Somnambulance likes this.
  4. I'm just me over there, here, and everywhere else. :) I'll drop a post there soon enough.

5. That's an ultra sweet board. Talk to me about what the Barbershop and the Mini sound like stacked together. I own/have owned both pedals, but never simultaneously. It looks like both are set very similarly to how I set mine. I'd love to know what they sound like together.

BassManPatsFan likes this.
  6. FretNoMore

FretNoMore * Cooking with GAS *

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I kind of expected to get a warning for some incompletely camouflaged words in another locked thread but was spared ... I'm slapping myself on the wrist right now as a preventative measure, for future good conduct. :)

hintz, BIG97BEN, bassmusic17 and 5 others like this.
  7. Not yet, but I will soon. At 9V it sounds very sexy, if all goes according to plan sometime in the next few days or so I'll try to post some clips of it like that. As you've read already, at least 2 other dudes have tried it at 18V and 24V, and word is its great at 18V. I can't wait to try that out, because if it is even better at 18V, I may just lose consciousness.

Mosfed likes this.
  8. DirtyDuke

DirtyDuke Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 13, 2012
    guelph ontario
    Partner Southampton Pedals, Partner CCP
    So, I got a few minutes with the akai unibass today.... wow, what a fun pedal..notvthe most organic sounding effect, lo. But I kinda like it...

The band I'm in now has one guitarist and the singer plays acoustic sometimes, sax sometimes etc.... but its the same band with a new drummer minus our old lead guitarist.

So, some of the old songs sound empty during certain parts, I've tried various effects. Od, fuzz, octaves etc. And I think unlike this one best so far..... really fills that space sonically..... if somewhat artificially. In the mix, I'm sure you wouldn't notice the digital nature of it

BIG97BEN, Mosfed and blindrabbit like this.
  9. To help rectify the wrong, what you need to do is purchase from me on reverb, and I promise you the experience will be much, much better! :)

Mosfed, gregmon79 and nshuman like this.
  10. I decided to put on a hair shirt this morning in penance.

76_55402.jpg

11. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    DUDE! 18v. You have no idea what you have. You don't deserve it :)

blindrabbit, Mosfed and DirtyDuke like this.
  12. gregmon79

gregmon79 Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    I recently had a bunk seller on reverb. He was ok at first, and he was never rude, but he was very uncommunicative after payment was sent. Once he shipped, he never messaged me again. He shipped the pedal like 4 days after I paid. I finally get it, all the guy did was put the pedal in a pedal box, with no padding at all, then put that box in a paper usps envelope. No padding or any kind. I couldn't believe it. I left him a bad review. I could've been really bad, but I gave the facts and 1 star.

I recently ordered some knobs from one of those China stores on eBay. No big deal right. Well they shipped me some different knobs. I messaged them. Asked told them they shipped me the wrong knobs. It's like they didn't get it. I just wanted knobs that would go on my bass. They just kept asking if I wanted a refund. For like $3. I kept saying no, I want the right knobs. You want a refund? I just gave up and chalked to a loss.

Sometimes you get burned. Well, a little anyway. Of course you can always go through the trouble of filing claims with the site, but what a hassle. If people would just follow the rules and do what they should, it's big asking a lot IMO. But I will say this, of the many deals I've made over the last couple years, most were great and the people were nice, fast and did what they said they would. It does suck when get that 1 out of 10 that sucks.

hintz likes this.
  13. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    I've been burned just once, but it was small change. Chinese seller of iPhone stuff, I ordered a couple of 1/8" TRRS extension cables I was going to use with a stereo microphone. Turns out not all the rings were connected, it was three conductors in the cable when it should have been four. Emailed and got a reply that indicated the seller was completely clueless and I just gave up, not worth the trouble pursuing it.

14. Dark Barn

Dark Barn

Aug 3, 2010
    Seattle
    Rewired for current set up with just enough space for SY-300, compressor, and count to 5 when they get here.

sG0asjh.jpg

15. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Uuuwwwa, nice Ezekiel. I didn't know it was that big! Wow. Very nice.

16. gregmon79

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    That's like exactly what happened to me with the knobs. You'd think they would at least know what you're talking about. Guess not.

17. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    I have wanted that Switchblade for such a long time!

Also, every time I see a pic of your board, I realize how huge the Ezekiel is.

Mosfed likes this.
  18. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Some sellers probably just buy stuff cheap in bulk and re-sell, without knowing much about the product.

Mosfed and gregmon79 like this.
  19. FretNoMore

Jan 25, 2002
    The frozen north
    Waiting and waiting for deliveries ... though I wonder if everything is at a standstill because of NAMM? All the builders are tied up there I suppose, either showing stuff or looking at stuff.

20. nshuman

nshuman

Sep 4, 2012
    WWWJWWW
    Yeah, in many cases, they are sending a PR team at NAMM which consists as 1 guy, who also happens to be like the whole company :)

FretNoMore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.