1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal Breeders' BIG Board Club Part III

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by David Wilson, Dec 15, 2016.

1. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
    truetone/visual sound

2. PraiseBassing

PraiseBassing Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    California
    Looks to be Power-all

loopee and Flabzilla like this.
  3. Cheers!

loopee likes this.
  4. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    POWER-ALL but it works great with the One Spot. they are the same afterall

Flabzilla likes this.
  5. I thought I'd nailed it with this setup, working up to connecting the ES5 and spaces for 2x Dunlop DVP4s and a Red Panda Tensor, which have now arrived. But now the Bugcrusher and Goatkeeper are off for repairs and due to some other noise issues, I've dismantled the whole shebang for a rebuild. Back to the drawing board :sour:
    20190420_134258.
    20190420_134106.

Last edited: May 8, 2019
  6. Thanks, did you get it recently?

7. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    nah.............I've had this thing for a few years now

Flabzilla likes this.
  8. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    I see two Expressionators but no expression pedal...?

9. I sold my Moog EP3s and replaced them with two smaller Dunlop DVP4s which can do volume or expression. I was still waiting for them to arrive when I took the pic

10. cosmicevan

cosmicevan bleep bloop Supporting Member

Feb 1, 2003
    New York
    :drool:

BigBoyPete, theunknowndude and JimboP like this.
  11. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06 Supporting Member

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    3B454BC1-A4D5-4360-B228-8201C9883BA0.

MOTHERSHIP

Pedaltrain PT-Grande

“Mr Sparkle” Way Huge Pork Loin (JohnK cap mod)
    TWA Great Divide 2.0
    Iron Ether Subterranea
    Earthquaker Devices Data Corruptor
    Broughton PLL
    Iron Ether FMeron
    Zvex Wooly Mammoth
    Zvex Mastotron
    Zvex Fat Fuzz Factory
    CoPilot Orbit
    Subdecay Octasynth
    MXR Blue Box Script (mods: -1/-2 oct switch,tone knob, C11,Orange LED)
    Subdecay Noisebox
    Bananana Matryoshka
    Boss FZ-2 Hyper Fuzz clone
    Way Huge Swollen Pickle: Dirty Donnie Edition
    Sovtek Death Star Muff (bias,oscillation,gate: Guttermouth. Rehouse/etch,proper jack orientation, lo/hi mids, Q1/Q2 resistor knobs, Tonebender footswitch, bigger caps: Acid Splash Designs).
    WMD Geiger Counter (bass mod: Danndubblewe)
    WMD Super Fatman
    Fuzzrocious Terrordactyl V.2 Kid-Paint Edition
    Behringer BSY-600 Bass Synth "Bass-O Tron" (rehoused/etched by Dannbubblewe)
    Boss SYB-3 Bass Synth
    Digitech Bass Synth Wah
    Pigtronix Mothership 2
    Pigtronix Ringmaster
    “MST3K”EHX Bass Micro Synth XO (etched: Danndubblewe)
    PandaMidi Future Impact
    Chunk Systems Octavius Squeezer
    EHX Harmonic Octave Generator 2
    Earthquaker Pyramids
    Eventide H9 MAX
    Eventide H9 MAX
    Eventide H9 MAX
    Earthquaker Devices Disaster Transport SR
    Roland RE-20 Space Echo
    DOD Meatbox Subsynth MK-II
    MXR M87 Bass Compressor

Controllers:
    Source Audio Reflex(Expression: DMC-4v.2,Geiger Counter,BSY-600,MIDI: Future Impact,HOG2)
    Damage Control: DMC-4 gen.2 (3 H9s)
    Heet Sounds Plus-EBOW
    Dunlop Chrome 220 Slide
    Dunlop Bronze 222 Slide
    Dunlop Glass 213 Slide
    D'Addario NS Tri-Action Capo

Power:
    Voodoo Labs 4x4 Digital
    Walrus Audio Aetos

Added some more synth pedals as I’m truly a fan of bass synth sounds but playing a keyboard bores me. Got a fair share of synths and they can make sounds my bass synth pedals or combos of pedals could never replicate. BUT! I don’t care as soon as I play anything with my bass the connection is INSTANT.

Added a Boss SYB-03, Digitech Bass Synth Wah, CoPilot Orbit, and a rehoused Behringher BSY-600 (Boss SYB-05 Clone with the ability to stop the sweep for static waveforms.

Also added something to replace my Flanger Hoax to make room for these new additions. I mainly used the Hoax for its through-Zero Flanger as well as it’s warbly nature. I found the prefect replacement and it comes in super strong. The Earthquaker Pyramid Flanger. This thing is a beast. My third Earthquaker pedal and it’s amazing quality.

Last edited: May 9, 2019
  12. vvvmmm

vvvmmm

Dec 6, 2016
    Chi
    So here is the voltage doubler in use (mid-right of the pic): BassBrd_051119.

And the board being tested:
    AmpRm_051119.

Nunovsky, The Mouse and cosmicevan like this.
  13. jbybj

jbybj Supporting Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Los Angeles
    For the last few months I’ve been very happy with this.

EE0E49D4-126D-43A3-8B93-0AD5CD2838B9.

In my continuing effort to avoid politics, news, and to amuse myself, I decided it was time to rearrange things.

8BA31337-2D98-45FC-985A-F56309DE6BAB.

Ictineo has gone from song specific effect to global tone enhancement. More subtle but so far seems good.

It’s been a couple of years since I had the SA BEF Pro out. I’m reminded of what I hate/love about it; deciphering the back page parameters and the sounds it makes. Great pedal, doing double duty as a phaser and env filter, helps justify the footprint.

I’m bound and determined to use the Matroyshka on at least one song. Trying something new that seems to be working well. Losing the onboard clean in favor of the Bloop blend, and using the -oct sparingly has made it less farty, tighter.

Not sure how I’ll end up with the H/LPF Resonant Filter. Currently it’s in a global utility setting, taming the dirt sizzle and the subharmonics.

After this photo I placed a DIY passive pickup emulator in front of the Sunder. The buffered loop of the HX FX made it sound like crap, with the added bonus of TONS of hiss. It kills with the DIY.

Last but not least, the Bugs. Bug Caster is being run at 18v simply for power supply convenience. It’s dark and magically delicious. The Bug Drive is flatter response overall with more gain distortion. The two of them stacked make my lower gums itch.

When my Broughton SV-Pre arrives next week, it will either act as dirt in the HX loop, or take the Ictineo’s spot as a cleanish Preamp.

What’s especially exciting for me is that we don’t have a rehearsal before Saturday’s gig. Trial by fire!! I’ll be watching for band mates expressions when I engage the Matroyshka on “Shake It Up”. Joy? or Horror?

Nunovsky, cosmicevan, JimboP and 4 others like this.
  14. IngloriousOz

IngloriousOz Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Alright, finally got the final piece of the puzzle - board is a Salvage Custom - going into an SFX Micro thumpinator underneath --> Shnobel Tone EB VPJr/Polytune Blacklight combo --> Rawkworks Night OD --> Fuzzrocious Heliotropic --> TWA great Divide --> EAE Longsword --> Lightning Wave Ghost Trem --> Ad4096 delay --> BlackLight Rainbow Machine --> Red Panda Ghost Particle --> Darkglass Alpha Omega Ultra

20190515_204026.
    20190515_204008.
    20190515_193002.

cosmicevan, Wito, bassmusic17 and 8 others like this.
  15. Master Chief

Master Chief

Jun 4, 2010
    Athens
    Gorgeous!

IngloriousOz likes this.
  16. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    what is the Rawkworks Night OD like?

IngloriousOz likes this.
  17. Mosfed

Mosfed

Apr 21, 2013
    Chamonix Mont-Blanc
    Partner - CCP Pedals
    I like the look

loopee and IngloriousOz like this.
  18. IngloriousOz

IngloriousOz Supporting Member

Jun 1, 2006
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    It's a great boost / overdrive, apparently based on the Klon (this version supposedly has better bass response and 25% more gain available than the "Light" OD Rawkworks produces) It can get really loud and dirty but always stays clear and it does indeed have great bass response. I use it dialed back as a clean boost to push my dirt and amp.

cosmicevan and loopee like this.
  19. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    Thanks
    that's sounds good to me......so the Light OD is "lighter" and the Night is more mid OD then? Does the Light have the same bass response?
    I'm still looking......lol

IngloriousOz likes this.
  20. loopee

loopee Supporting Member

May 12, 2009
    Surrey, B.C. Canada
    OK, but, that's all?

IngloriousOz likes this.