1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal chain help

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Mikemccarthyj, Mar 8, 2018.

1. Mikemccarthyj

Mikemccarthyj

Sep 28, 2017
    hey, I need some insight on pedal order for my board, currently I have my bass, a dingwall ng2 going into an Ernie Ball volume, to Dunlop bass wah, to mxr bass compressor, to bass big muff, to boss bass chorus, to mxr carbon copy to sans amp vt bass di, into my ampeg ba210 combo. I’m not really sure if the compressor is in the right spot, it seems to help when the fuzz is in but it pulls off way too many db’s when the signal is clean. I have tried it in several positions and can’t find anything I like, is there another pedal out of order or is this a common issue with compressors. Thanks in advance for your time.

Mike

2. Maybe you don’t need the compressor. I usually run mine at the end of my chain these days but I don’t use heavy compressing. For me usually it goes first or last but if it’s giving you problems try not using the compressor at all.

What compressor are you using? What settings?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Apr 19, 2021