1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal for all around sound

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by bassbully43, Dec 29, 2006.

1. bassbully43

bassbully43

Jul 1, 2005
    I liked the cheap sansamp rip off by behringer in my old classic rock band...great pedal dailed in old thump for GFR tunes and zep covers. But i am now in a pop rock band with a female lead and we cover todays tunes from ..Vertigo..U2 to Audioslave's original fire to Greenday. I need a pedal with a multi effect that goes from distortion (growl) to warm mids easy and quickly and it cant cost 300.00 like some pedals do. I am playing with a behringer pod V-amp and so far its cool but im not sure its what i want...getting around patches it weird..have not figured out how to keep the volume consistent and there is loud pops at times but its had good amp modeling...any pedal advise...i would like to keep it simple.

2. Used BOSS ME-50B. They can be had for about $200. I've had mine since the week it came out, and it has never let me down, and it's really easy to use. You can use it like three stomp boxes and a wah pedal, or you can program it for specific sounds.

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    sansamp programmable bass driver DI. like three sansamps in one! you could get three very good and very useable tones out of one of those.

4. Andy V.

Andy V.

Nov 5, 2006
    Dumbo, NY
    MXR M-80.
    Preamp, DI, multiple outputs, distortion, two channels.

5. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    +1 to the SansAmp Programmable, but if you're looking for sounds beyond clean tube or tube overdrive, then try out a Line6 Bass POD (any version... they're all good, IMO, but each has its own extra features).