Pedal for combining two outputs into one?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Ale the Snail, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Anyone make something like this?
    My bass is wired stereo but I'm not actually hauling around two heads/cabs.
    I used to use a Pearce BC1 for this but I find I'm liking the sound of my GK RB 1001 2 more these days plus I find I have to crank the volume on the GK more and I'd like to save on rack space and weight.
    Lately I've been using a EBS Billy Sheehan pedal and plugging the neck pick up into the clean loop (bridge pick up in the regular input) then using the clean volume to balance bass and overdrive. This works well til I cut the volume on the bridge pick up. There is some noticeable distortion on the neck pick up using this method. On some amps more than others. Ideally what I'm looking for is running the bridge pick up into the EBS then finding a pedal to then combine the neck pick up then sending one signal to the GK.
    Might sound redundant but I find having a separate path for both pick ups just makes thing sound alot better.
    Don't want overdrive on the bass pick up you know?

2. Boss LS2 cab be used as a 2 in 1 out mixer and can be used to switch between sources.

3. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    I use a boss LS2 for exactly this reason. Attitude bass, P pickups into EBS billy sheehan pedal into LS2. Neck woofer pickup into LS2

Works beautifully.

zapped777 likes this.
  4. Thanks guys!

How do you plug into the pedal?

5. LSMFT6

LSMFT6 We brake for nobody Supporting Member

Aug 16, 2006
    California
    None
    There's also the Radial BigShot series, they've got a few decent passive ABY and i/o boxes. Made in Canada too.

6. ga_edwards

ga_edwards

Sep 8, 2000
    UK, Essex
    Plugged into return A and return B and pedal set to A+B mix mode. Needs to be running on mains power to work.

Will work on battery power with a dummy jack in LS2 main input if required.

willbassyeah likes this.
  7. Dominick C.

Dominick C.

Jul 2, 2012
    Austin, Tx
    I don't like mean people or mean comments....
    Lehle. The little Lehle looper switcher would work. Small and built like a tank. 2-1 or 1-2

8. Made in BC! Just down the road from the OP, in a north easterly direction. Probably a 20 minute drive, tops, in heavy traffic...

9. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021