Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Pedal for my Ampeg SVT 5-Pro

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by CanadianBass48, Aug 15, 2005.

1. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    I know that Ampeg makes some pedals for some little effects stuff that they got going but I thought that they made pedals for my amp. Like an octive, distortion, and channel pedal. Does anybody know where I can find one of these? Do they make them? Is there a place that sells them? Some help would be great.

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Are you looking for the Ampeg effects pedals, or a channel switcher for your amp?

3. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    I am more looking for a channel switcher but something more then that. It has an octive switch and a combine switch and two channel switches. I am sure that I say it somewhere. I really want it though cause I am tired of always reaching over to turn on tistortion or octive and all that other junk.

4. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Let me double check, your amp has all those effects onboard?

5. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    All this pedal does is make it so that I don't need to use my hands to turn on, lets say my distortion. I have it all in my amp, but I think that ampeg makes a pedal for my amp so that all I have to do is step on the foot switch and it chenges my effect that are in my amp for me.

6. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    All this pedal does is make it so that I don't need to use my hands to turn on, lets say my distortion. I have it all in my amp, but I think that ampeg makes a pedal for my amp so that all I have to do is step on the foot switch and it chenges my effect that are in my amp for me.

7. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Okay, did a bit of research (I'm not too familiar with Ampeg amps) and what you need is a AFP4B Footswitch. Lists for $99 and you should be able to get it from any Ampeg dealer.

BTW, I'll move this to amps.

8. CanadianBass48

CanadianBass48

May 8, 2005
    Ont, Can
    Hey thanks a lot for your help. Sorry about getting the wrong forum too.