1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Pedal Information for Metal Bassist

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by ElectricFuneral, Oct 16, 2009.

1. ElectricFuneral

ElectricFuneral

Oct 16, 2009
    Hello All,
    I've been playing bass guitar for 6-7 years now and have finally decided to branch out into looking into effects.
    I play a Fender P-bass through a Fender Rumble 100/210 Combo Amp and am looking into getting something to help me play with a heavier, distorted sound.
    I have played through a Big Muff Pi before and enjoyed it but feel I did not get the most out of it so I am open to any suggestions as the sheer number of options is overwhelming!
    I am also interested in getting a wah pedal after seeing a number of live bands playing with them and they sound amazing.
    Any help or suggestions are welcome
    Thanks!

2. crapusername

crapusername

Sep 26, 2005
    North Kent.UK
    endorsing artist: Dean guitars, Marshall , Rotosound strings
    bass big muff
    ashdown lomenzo hyperdrive
    boss md2

the best wah pedal i have heard for bass is the ibanez weeping demon

3. www.bassfuzz.com it's possibly one of the best sites to look on when you're looking for distortion/fuzz

4. Maybe a fuzz and a wah (the Weeping Demon is great) but if you are competing against 2 loud guitars then my experience says a tuner pedal and that's about it. I had a big board with the last metal band I was in and used it so infrequently that I just ended up skipping the whole thing. It can be a royal pain in the a$$ to haul around a pedal board just to turn the fuzz on for 30 seconds during two songs in the night. No thanks.

My 2 cents.

Edit: I like using a compressor but my mine is rack mounted. I also don't necessarily count a compressor as an "effect".

5. zachary xxx

zachary xxx

Mar 6, 2006
    save up for a new amp instead.