1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

pedal not loud enough!!

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BrandonBass, Dec 4, 2006.

1. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    i tried playin my bass through a metalzone last week. And i set the eq to max bass, and i cut some highs and mids to get my desired tone. but i find that even though i maxed the 'volume' knob, my clean sound is still louder than the distored sound...

any ideas?

2. Ron Now

Ron Now

Sep 3, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Endorsing Artist: Fuzzrocious Pedals
    try a new battery? or a different pedal. Sorry, I really got nothing.

3. The BurgerMeister

The BurgerMeister musician.

Apr 13, 2006
    Big Bear, CA
    either you need a new battery, or your pedal's broken.

:) or :(

4. JanusZarate

JanusZarate Low End Avenger Gold Supporting Member

Feb 21, 2006
    Petaluma, CA, USA
    +1 to what everyone else said.

Here's something else to consider: the Metal Zone wasn't built for bass, and this is one of those pedals that shows it. I've used my brother's Metal Zone before, and there IS some low end loss. That might account for the "loudness" difference - you're probably hearing plenty of highs and mids, but not much lows.

5. nad

nad 60 Cycle Humdinger Commercial User

Sep 22, 2005
    Not Mars
    The Overlord of Nordstrand Pickups
    Metalzone pedals suck balls-- I mean bass, that's the first problem. ;)

6. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    well, the metalzone has an onboard eq, so if i max the bass and cut some highs the tone aint half bad really. only problem is that its not
    loud enough.

do old batteries really make your volume weak?

7. yes

and I do recommend you to try using some sort of blending (using Boss LS-2 for example) to get the best out of that metalzone

8. sunbeast

sunbeast Supporting Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Also, is your bass active (does it use a 9 volt battery)? Some pedals do not take very well to the higher output that active instruments put out- they will still put out the same output whether your bass is passive or active- so you could try cutting the volume a little on your bass, then you might be able to get a better balance!

Karl