1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Pedal Order and DI BOX Arrangement

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Godinho_EURO6LX, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Godinho_EURO6LX

Godinho_EURO6LX

Jan 22, 2012
    Bahrain
    Hi There Bassmen,

This is my First Post on TalkBass , Tho ive been researching a lot out here .

Anyways i have a Sansamp Bass DI , EBS Unichorus , Octabass , EH Bass Big Muff and a MXR 10 Band Eq.

What is the Best way for me to arrange these ?

And is it Best to use the Sansamp Bddi with the Pedal Board for Live & Recording, Or Should i Just use it seperately?

NEW TO GADGETS ..Take it easy on me.

2. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 GAS resistance is utterly futile... Supporting Member

Welcome to TB, amigo !

There are countless (literally) threads on pedal order, a bit of search would certainly help.

Here's how I'd go with your pedals:

BASS > Octabass > EQ > BBM > SansAmp > Chorus > AMP.

The EQ usually works well wherever you place it, but it might react differently, so a bit of experimentation on your part is required.

I place my SansAmp PBDDI between compressor and modulation. This way I can use it as a tone-shaper / OD effect and benefit as well from the modulation pedal.

As for its DI function: in studio I might simply discard the modulation pedal and use the SansAmp's DI (if I need modulation, I'll add from the board). I also recently purchased a SansAmp Paradriver I can use as DI, so I can place it after modulation. I have a few options, according to what's needed.

3. tomhanzo

tomhanzo

Apr 20, 2008
    West Virginia
    I agree with Bassmike62. His order is perfect and the eq could go wherever you want it to.

Don't be afraid to experiment though. You can put pedals in any order and sometimes you'll find new ways to use them that no one knows about :)

4. travep

travep

Apr 16, 2010
    Austin, TX
    I'm new to pedals too & am just putting a board together. Why would the SansAmp not go at the end of the chain? Is it b/c there are some effects on it that you want to apply the chorus to? I use a tonebone...there is just some equalization on it and no drive. Would I put it at the end of the chain? Where would a tuner go?

5. NeroJazz

NeroJazz

May 2, 2011
    Denmark
    My suggestion:

BASS > Octabass > EQ > BBM > Chorus > SansAmp > AMP.

I'd put the SansAmp last so you have a DI to go to FOH and a tuner should go first so it has the strongest possible signal to track.

Experiment with the placement of your EQ, it really depends on what you want to do with it.