Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

pedal order help me i'm stumped.

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by themathrock, Jun 24, 2004.

1. okay. i have a medley of pedals but have kind of downsized due to noise and hiss and the fact that i don't use most of them! i have these pedals currently on my pedalboard(it's actually a portable ironing board, i can tell you how to make them a great makeshift pedalboard if anyone is inclined). if anyone help it would be greatly appreciated.

boss tu2
    dod 225 masterswitch(two inputs into one output)
    boss ds1
    ibanez soundtank(haha!) digital delay(don't even get me started with this thing)
    synth pedal
    tremolo
    dod 280 comp
    ernie ball mono volume
    i have a soundtank(i swear i didn't but it!) classic metal distortion that i switch out with the ds1. i have some for sure that are like so...

masterswitch==tuner==?==?==?==?==?==?==volume

2. Christopher

Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    This is as much art as rocket science, but my preferred order is:

masterswitch
    tuner
    comp

synth
    DS-1
    Ibanez Distortion

(above three are probably interchangeable but if the synth is actually a synth rather than a distorto-filter w/octave, it'll need the clean compressed signal to track accurately)

trem
    delay

volume

3. it's the ibanez tonelok blah blah blah, it was an impulse buy, but a couple of the effects on it are cool. why would the comp help tracking?

4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    because it'll help you have a more consistent volume level and hopefully better trigger the synth.

5. davidmwilson, you are my hero.

6. rockstarbassist

rockstarbassist Banned

Apr 30, 2002
    The Woodlands, TX
    Endorsing Artist: HCAF
    I run mine tuner--> modulating effects (delay, chorus, flange, etc..) --> OD/distortion. That's what I've read works out the best, and after testing, makes a difference at least for me.